What's new

Heads up... three week-long Criterion sale at B&N starting July 10 (1 Viewer)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Woo hoo!! Picked up the following blu rays: 12 Angry Men, The 39 Steps, Anatomy of a Murder, Harold and Maude, The Last Temptation of Christ and the 4 film David Lean Directs Noel Coward boxset for a total of $119. VERY happy tonight!!

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I missed the added bonus, but I still picked up "Being John Malkovich", "The Gold Rush", "Shallow Grave", & "Harold & Maude". I may make a second purchase near the end of the sale.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I ordered The 39 Steps and The Lady Vanishes just now. Missed the 2-fer; but did get 15% off with coupon code Y4A7P7U.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I went to my local store and picked up the Harold And Maude DVD as a gift for a friend and the Blu-rays of The 39 Steps and Tiny Furniture for myself. I'm sure I'll make a couple more purchases before the sale is over and I may pick up another copy of Tiny Furniture for an equally pretentious friend. :)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I reserved 39 Steps online for store pickup. I got an email that the price is $40. I presume that's an error?

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell /t/321985/heads-up-three-week-long-criterion-sale-at-b-n-starting-july-10#post_3947078
I reserved 39 Steps online for store pickup. I got an email that the price is $40. I presume that's an error?
yes that is an error I think the system just picks up the main retail price... but don't worry they should all be ringing up 50% off and the stores should have signage proclaiming the sale.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Right. Sometimes a store won't have the sticker on every single item, but that's no cause for concern. It applies to every last Criterion release.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The additional AAA member discount does not appear to work anymore. :( Still, I ordered The Gold Rush, Being John Malkovich, The 39 Steps, and Anatomy of a Murder. :) I also used the 15% discount code David posted above, which only works on a single title.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Scott Merryfield said:
The additional AAA member discount does not appear to work anymore. :( Still, I ordered The Gold Rush, Being John Malkovich, The 39 Steps, and Anatomy of a Murder. :) I also used the 15% discount code David posted above, which only works on a single title.
Right. I searched the AAA members' site several times yesterday, but nothing was found for B&N.
Doug

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I don't believe I ever used it since I love buying my Criterions in the store, but is there no longer a link from AAA to B&N? Or just no more 10% discount?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Is it business as usual for B&N to ship out orders in weird chunks? I ordered 12 titles in total, all showing in stock with a ship date for July 12th. I got a confirmation for 4 of them yesterday and separate confirmation for one of them today. I'm a little worried since I'm in Canada, these little shipments potentially raises the chance of them getting lost. Hopefully the remaining 7ship in one box.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well, mine shipped out early this morning (via DHL/USPS), and based on the tracking, I hope they arrive Friday or Saturday.
I was one of the lucky who got the B2G1, and the deal held - I was only charged for 2, even though I ordered 3.
David

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
B&N can have issues with shipping out in-stock items in a timely manner. As long as they don't give a cancellation notice, you should be good. It's usually worse during the November sales.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by JoHud /t/321985/heads-up-three-week-long-criterion-sale-at-b-n-starting-july-10/30#post_3947675
B&N can have issues with shipping out in-stock items in a timely manner. As long as they don't give a cancellation notice, you should be good. It's usually worse during the November sales.

Thanks for the heads up, I got a couple of more shipping confirmations so I should be good to go. Must be due to multiple warehouses. Now I just need to hold thumbs they all arrive! :)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Picked up my 39 Steps at B&N yesterday. Got my first floater ever in a blu-ray. Fortunately, this disc plays fine.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Back from an absolutely delightful day of shopping in two B&Ns. Returned with 9 Criterion Blu-rays and 2 of their older DVD-only releases, and a few other sale items that couldn't be passed up.

All the coupons helped, of course, and I even got to use the $8 one by getting the David Lean / Noel Coward set. And a sweet deal that was: with the 50% off, my membership 10%, and the $8 coupon, their computer system got that $100 down to $34.46 and I walked out of there a happy boy.

Got a LOT of my want list taken care of. There are just a couple of items that I'll sleep on for a possible return before the end of the month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks