What's new

Head to Head Tournament - Vampires, Werewolves, and Zombies! Oh my! (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Why is everyone voting for two? Are we supposed to? (Tournament newbie here, but I thought in a 3-way we still only vote for 1 title?) :)
I have to abstain anyway; never seen CM.

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Abstain on Cemetary Man,but I do like An American Werewolf in London over Blade. Don't know if that counts for anything or not.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON- this was a coin flip decision, as I love BLADE as well.
CEMETERY MAN- I find it quite sad that this masterpiece is getting voted out this early, as it is easily one of the best films in the tourney, and is in my opinion the best zombie film ever made. I guess it is to be expected at a mostly mainstream board. I feel sorry for those who can't see its greatness.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
An American Werewolf in London advances with 12 votes.
Blade advances with 9 votes.
Cemetary Man drops out. :frowning:
Round 1 - Bracket 2
Bram Stoker's Dracula
vs.
An American Werewolf in Paris
vs.
City of the Living Dead

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Steve, just making sure: one needs to have seen all three films in order to cast any vote at all—no?

Presuming that to be the case:

abstain

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Yes, if that's the case abstain over AWIP.

I'd likely abstain anyway, I can't stand Bram Stoker's Dracula with it's portrayl of Dracula as a feeble old man, succumbing to the most lackluster opposition imaginable. We don't even need to get into Keanu.

City of the Living Dead is the worst Fulci film that I've seen. I don't like it or The Beyond. They are like the worst of the Cannibal films where the "plot" only serves as a bridge between gore scenes. Give me The House By The Cemetary or Zombie any day.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD by far! It is Fulci's best film IMO (just ahead of NEW YORK RIPPER and LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN)!
I refuse to vote for either of the other two films, as I hate them both, so I'll only vote for one this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks