What's new

He-Man, The original, Coming to DVD?!? (1 Viewer)

CameronS

Supporting Actor
When and where can I see the new He-Man series?

Are the new toys out yet? I remember seeing pictures of them from a toy show a while back thought they looked awesome.

As far as the original show is concerned, wasn't there a problem with getting the rights from Hallmark? IIRC, they would only sell the Filmation library as a whole, which cause the price to be high and required the buyer to also get other crap besides He-Man and She-Ra.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Have to go back and re-read the replies to see what I originally wanted to reply to, but we'll start with this one :)
>Are the new toys out yet? I remember seeing pictures of them from a toy show a while back thought they looked awesome. >
Yep, the new toys have been out for about two weeks now. So far, though, I've only managed to pick up Battle Sound He-Man/Skeletor and Stratos just because he looked a bit cooler than the others :).

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>>Dance then wherever you may be >.
'We so happy, we do the dance of joy!'
It's been so long since I've seen perfect strangers, I've forgotten what the dance of Joy sounds like :).

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>However, I will not even give the new one a chance. The animation, music, and voices will never live up to the original! >>

I was a fan of the original way back in 1983. The original was fun because of the Voice Actors and the music.

Personally, I'll give the new one a chance, especially because I don't think I've ever seen the 'New Adventures of He-Man'. From what I've read, the series is in the hands of 'true fans', so they should be able to do it justice. I just wish they'd go back and re-invent the original music, rather than use all new stuff.

As for the original voices, they should at least invite them back for some minor guest roles.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
I just wish they'd go back and re-invent the original music, rather than use all new stuff.
Or at the very least use the same theme music. The original "He-Man" theme has always been one of those themes that just stands out in your memory so that even years after the cartoon is gone, you still remember every note, just like the Hoyt Curtain theme to "Battle of the Planets". You don't remember much of the stories, and the characters are just familiar, but -- damn! -- you remember that kickin' theme song! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks