What's new

HDVR2 with cordless phone jacks - any problems? (1 Viewer)

Rob Dawn

Stunt Coordinator
Since DirecTV just got our locals up here in Colorado Springs, I was planning on upgrading to an HDVR2 DirecTiVo unit.

But I saw on the DirecTV monthly news show that you can sometimes have problems with the DirecTivo units if you are using those cordless phone things that plug in to an electrical outlet.

That's what I use, so I was wondering if anyone has experienced problems like this? Does anyone with an HDVR2 use the cordless phone jacks with no problems?

Thanks for your input!
Rob

ChristW

Agent
This doesn't really answer your question, but I thought I'd let you know that you don't have to havfe the phone connected continuously anymore. If you connect it to landline once a month or so, you'll be fine.
CW

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Rob: I do without any problems. I have two tivos, one which is continueously connected and the other which I connect once a month to make the monthly call.

Michael

Rob Dawn

Stunt Coordinator
So you can hook it up to a phone line and force it to make the call whenever you want?

Rob

ChristW

Agent
Yes; I don't recall what menu it's in, but it's there. I think under system/phone calls/make daily call, or something like that.
CW

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks