What's new

HDTV setup question (1 Viewer)

Dan Melo

Auditioning
So here is my question. I was a moron and never pre-ordered the Xbox back months ago when it became first available. I was able to get in line at my local Best Buy before like 8:00 yesterday morning and actually got one. Any ways, back to my question. My TV is a Mitsubishi 65907, which has (2) two sets of component inputs and (1) one HD input. So, since I am using an outboard decoder (Mitsubishi Satellite Receiver/HD Decoder SR HD 500) and from what I can tell only has one source for HD input/output.
So obviously in order to get the xbox to work in HD resolutions higher than 480i, I will need to split the feed going from the decoder to the tv somehow. Is this possible. Since the tv does not have an internal HD decoder the source needs to be sent from the decoder but if I am already using it for my satellite then how can I incorporate this into the mix?
I hope I made sense of my problem/question.
Thanks.

Daniel H

Auditioning
I'm going to run into the same problem you have soon. Right now I have an Xbox and a Mitsubishi WS-55857. The Xbox is hooked up to the HD input. I plan to get a HD sat receiver in the future. What I plan to do is get a receiver that has the component ins/outs that have sufficient bandwith for HD and run the two units through that. There are several receivers that have that now.
By the way, DOA3 does look pretty good in 480p. I can't wait to see what a game in 1080i looks like.
Daniel H

Joe michaels

Second Unit
On the back of my Mits 46805 I have a DTV component input and then theres the other component input I use for DVD. Will the DTV input still give me 1080i?
Thx.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
There are very inexpensive manual switchers which have been discussed on the HT Hardware forum. I understand they work fine. For a very high quality automatic high bandwidth component video switch, I highly recommend the Inline 3582. It has 4 BNC connectors per in/out, but that's easily remedied with 9 BNC-to-RCA adapters from Radio Shack.
I'm using one to share my only DTV input between a progressive scan DVDP and my HDTV receiver. It works great!

Joe michaels

Second Unit
What about switches for optical audio? My rec. Only has one. How much are they?
-------------------------------- Link Removed
Home Theater for the average Joe.

Wolf Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, someone posted a link to a $30 switcher for optical audio connection from Radio Shack. go look on their site, unless someone is kind enough to post it again.
I've got my xbox in my 2nd Component input of my Mitsubishi 55857. Until a 1080i supporting game is in my collection, I'll keep from upgrading my reciever. As oon as there is one, oh yes, there will be a new receiver to replace my RX-V2095 that is now about 3 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks