What's new

HDTV or ANALOG??? (1 Viewer)

Kevinkall

Second Unit
I know that there have been MANY THREADS on this topic and I'm sure this won't be the last. So here goes...

I'm in the process of replacing my 6 year old 27" Sony Trinitron(which has been GREAT) with a new set.

My current entertainment center is only capable of holding a 27" set, so I'm set on the size.

Now...

My two choices at the moment are,

Sony 27" Flat-Screen TV with 2-Tuner PIP $550

or

Zenith 27" HDTV Monitor $599

Both seem like good sets for the price. I watch about 80-90% dvds while my girlfriend watches 80% digital cable. If I do go with the HDTV I will get HD and that isn't a problem/issue. I just want to get the best set for the price. Since I won't get another set until I upgrade in a few years, I want it to last. I want the best possible picture for the price.

I also have a progressive scan dvd player(Toshiba SD-3800)

Thanks in advance for ANY thoughts and sorry about the long post!

I plan on getting one of these by weeks end. ;)

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
my brother bought a 36" sony flat acreen for $1000 over the holidays. i told him to go HDTV, but his father in law convinced him not too. He thinks he knows it all.

I cant wait to see his face when his tv will be bascially no good in 2 years.

what a waste.

he just got directv and told me cable sucks til you get a dish, i said i will get a dish, an hd dish and he shut up.

i personally think sony is overpriced and the picture on my brothers looked like crap with cable. you could see all those tiny squares that make up the screen.

GET A HDTV, think for the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check the jvc tv's, good prices for great tvs

Kevinkall

Second Unit

HUH? His tv will be GOOD well after 2 years. HD isn't taking over that soon. He can still enjoy that set for MANY years.

Maybe his set isn't set up right. IMO I think that Sony's analog sets(wega) have the best picture that you can get out of an non HD set. They are pricey, but you are paying for quality.

John S

Senior HTF Member
"No good" is relative.. No good compared to all the HDTV's receiving and displaying real HD content in real HD.

There are virtually no drawbacks to going HD, the drawbacks are with not going HD.

"The time is now" lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks