1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

HDTV Etc. Mag...?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott_R_K, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Scott_R_K

Scott_R_K Member

...has the first issue of HDTV Etc. hit the stands yet ?

Scott..............[​IMG]

2. DanaA

DanaA Well-Known Member

The publication has been out well over a year now. Places like Borders carry them, but it is more cost effective to subscribe, like with all magazines.

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Well-Known Member

Scott's not talking about DVD Etc., but the new start-up sister magazine, HDTV Etc.

4. DanaA

DanaA Well-Known Member

Oops. :b

5. Scott_R_K

Scott_R_K Member

DanaA ,

No worries [​IMG] I thought I had read that the first issue would be in stores only at first and also out by May 20 or 22nd ?

Nothing yet up here in the Great White North .

Scott..............[​IMG]

6. Clint Walker

Clint Walker Well-Known Member

Hey Guys! We've been away at the Home Entertainment Expo in S.F. Sorry for the late response. HDTV ETC. Magazine will be on newsstands July 8th. There were delays in getting manufacturers to commit to HD related products they would offer in the Buyer's Guide section of the book. We held out as long as we could!

-Clint

7. Joe Reed

Joe Reed Well-Known Member

Hey Clint, that is relief my local store gets Dvd Etc.(where I buy it every month) and I thought they were not going to get HDTV ETC., I have been checking every Tuesday and Thursday for the past month, it is ok, I will just send my Mobil speedpass bill your way [​IMG]
    I cannot wait to read this new magazine, will you have subs. for HDTV ETC. as well.

8. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Well-Known Member

yes, what about subscriptions? I don't see that option on the website yet.

Thanks and best regards,
    ~~Nathan

9. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Subscriptions will be coming later. Right now it was just be for sale at your local bookstore for purchase.

Parker

10. Marque D

Marque D Well-Known Member

I just picked one up today at B&N. I haven't had a chance to really look throw it but looks good so far. Clint would you consider working with HDTV Magazine? I think there are so many past articles and interviews that would be great in print.

On the ATSC Receiver list the Dish 921 has a 250GB hard drive. HDTV state by state by state by state Charter's HDTV service was left out. And also on the HDTV time line the Oscars and Grammy's weren't mentioned for '03.

11. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Well-Known Member

I finally found the mag this past weekend. I really, really like it. Aside from the bad info being passed by the manufacturers (which I know you have no control over), I'm very impressed.

Hope the subscription offers pop up soon!
    [​IMG]
    Best regards,
    ~~Nathan

12. peter m. wilson

peter m. wilson Well-Known Member

Hi
    CHAPTERS, which is a mega book/magazine store in Ontario Canada has copies for sale.

God bless you for this publication, now when people want to ask me how to get into HD, I just refer them to the mag which saves me alot of aggravation since many people don't believe anything unless they see it in print.

Peter m.

13. Clint Walker

Clint Walker Well-Known Member

Hey Guys, Thanks for keeping up the thread and the feedback--I'm sorry for being out of touch and not replying sooner--with two magazines now things are very busy (plus the fishing has been good [​IMG]

We are playing with the idea right now of taking HDTV ETC. 6 times next year. The response has been overwhelming to say the least and we are setting sales records at B&N and Tower Records! FYI: I also received a press release from a publishing company announcing that they're launching a new mag--Digital TV "The ONLY Magazine dedicated to HD" Competition is good!

HTF Members wasted no time blasting feedback on the launch of DVD ETC. and it really helped us to grow. I expect the same here guys & gals...please let me know what you think of the book--good or bad.

I'm sure you can imagine what an undertaking this was. No book like it on the newsstand today and so much information that is changing all the time that it was incredibly frustrating! We will have the next book out in November and subscription next year. We didn't do subscriptions this time around because the mailing was too costly--a sub would have cost about $40.00 for two issues!

Thanks again for the support!

-Clint