What's new

hdmi/receiver issue (1 Viewer)

viperrx

Auditioning
Real Name
mike
hi, i apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, or sounds clustered and unclear. i am trying to hook up a denon avr-1312 to a lcd monitor and ps3 via hdmi. The monitor is connected to the receiver via the HDMI slot labeled "Out, Monitor", and the PS3 into the "Game" slot. When I change the input on the receiver to "Game", and the console is on, I get a no signal message, and the screen turns off. If the PS3 is off, I get a standard screen as if nothing is plugged in. But alas, once i turn the PS3 back on, I see the no signal message again and the screen turns off. I can scroll through all the inputs and see a menu, except for when the console is plugged into that slot... what could be the issue? Thanks for your time!

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Two things come to mind: (1) The last time you used the PS3 you didn't have it connected using HDMI. If this is true you may have to set the output signal manually. Connect the PS3 directly to the TV using whatever you had used before (composite or component connection) and then go through the PS3 menu and set the output to HDMI. (As soon as you do this you'll lose the screen image, but that's okay.) Then reconnect as you had it before. (2) A bad HDMI cable. Try connecting the PS3 directly to the TV using both of the HDMI cables. If one of them doesn't work, then you have a bad cable. If they both work ... I'm stumped.

viperrx

Auditioning
Real Name
mike
I have tried connecting both cables from the console directly to the monitor and it works with no problems. Maybe it's a defective receiver?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
One last thing to try (from me at least), the game selection may be assignable. If it is it could be assigned to a component/composite port. Go into the receiver set-up menu and make sure that game is assigned to an HDMI port.

jharrison

Auditioning
Real Name
Jack Harrison
You can just hold down the power button on the PS3 till you get a second blink/beep, that should reset your video settings. I think AI.Anderson is right, it sounds like it is just a setting issue, otherwise it should be working.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks