What's new

HDMI confusion Sony Bravia HDTV-Sony Bravia Home Theatre-Magnavox Blu Ray Player-Cable Box Input (1 Viewer)

ttanner3020

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom Tanner
I am not sure of proper protacol here but here goes. I need to add Blu ray player to existing sytems and would like to use HDMI for optimum signal (assumption on my part) but only have two HDMI connections on the TV.

I want to be able, of course, to use home theater system with the blu ray. Will this scenario require a splitter of a HUB? I am not well versed in modern techno language so please keep it simple for a guy who is just over the rise (not quite over the hill??!!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Assuming you DO NOT have an A/V receiver with 3 HDMI inputs, YES you will need to use an HDMI switcher for the inputs, then 1 HDMI cable out to your TV. Check out the switchers at Monoprice.com.

mikeabt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I just purshased a "ViewHD" switch with 4 HDMI in and a single HDMI out. This unit is rated for "deep color" and is speced @ the HDMI 1.3 level (good for most everything you can connect - except 3D). This is capable of "high speed" performance in/out. It is remotely operated and cost something like $32 through Amazon.

Check it out. Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks