1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

HDMI cable spec and use

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by editman, Jan 4, 2012.

1. editman

editman Well-Known Member

2M 1200EX ULTIMATE HIGH SPEED HDMI CABLE WITH BLACK PLUGS Gbps video definition speed bit colour 3D display ready Ethernet channel ARC 15.8 4K X 2K 200/400Hz 8-16 yes yes yes ----- 2M 100X ULTRA HIGH SPEED CABLE WITH ETHERNET BRONZE PLUGS 13.8 1080p+ 100/200hz 8-14 yes yes yes Dolby/DTS HD Up to 7.1 lossless surround sound . ------- I have the above spec HDMI cables from a well known brand name. Can someone advise me of the difference between 4K X 2K and 1080+, and am I going to see a difference between each speed rating, Gbps speed and bit colour spec. Also where are they best used (if they are both to be used) in a 3D TV--AV Reciever--3d blue ray DVD player-- 3D ready PVR 7.1 set up.

2. David Willow

David Willow Babbling Idiot
    Supporter

Dave
    Snake oil. That's all it is. Snake oil. Those "specs" are designed to part you and your money. Go to monoprice.com and don't spend a fortune. Go here for the real scoop - http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/hdmi-cables/hdmi-cable.htm. BTW - feel free to buy from them as well - they cost a bit more but nothing like the crap you find at the big box stores (and I think they still sponsor HTF).

3. gene c

gene c Well-Known Member

Gene
    Here are the 5 different hdmi cables listed by HDMI.org, the licensing organization for hdmi cables. http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/finding_right_cable.aspx

4. editman

editman Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the info guys,I have now got the answers I wanted .(Maybe I should mention I am from the other side of the Atlantic )

5. David Willow

David Willow Babbling Idiot
    Supporter

Dave
    Great Ken. Glad you found what you needed. :D