What's new

HDMI cable in RX-V675 always moving around,losing signal (1 Viewer)

bozobytes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
HDMI cable in RX-V675 always moving around,losing signal If anyone shows up on Shark Tank to pitch a new HDMI CONNECTOR that actually 'locks', and does not wiggle out on its own causing major frustration issues with loosing TV signal, I'll give him or her many kudos....I have a Yamaha RX-V 675 Receiver, and Time-Warner cable, Sony BD player, Samsung 46" LCD HDTV, mounted on the wall, using a Certified In-Wall 12' HDMI cable....Everything is connected to my receiver, and at any given time, we lose signal and get the snowy picture, then I have to reach in the back of the receiver and wiggle so slightly to the right and left until we get the picture back..VERY FRUSTRATING!!!So I called MONOPRICE,and they said that have a 90 degree swivel adaptor that the in- wall plugs into, then this plugs into the back of the receiver. $3.00. Great product, that lasted about three months, but now it's doing this all over again.WHY OR WHY has no one (as far as I know) invent any kind of locking HDMI cable? This seems so crazy, since the advent of RCA Sheathed cables, but HDMI? ....it's 'hincky' at best.I just can't understand how this HDMI cable can move on its own. I know SoCal has had too many Earthquakes lately, and that would certainly do it, but this has happened too many times, even before all these Earthquakes. Do HDMI cables get stretched out over time? It's going to be a hassle to replace the 12' in-wall HDMI cable, so I'm trying to find out as much as I can first.Thank you!

bozobytes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
I thought that the Yamaha Receiver's female Display/TV IN-HDMI just got a little stretched out, causing this problem, and since I had another six months left on the Five year warranty, I took it back to Fry's and got a newer model replacement. This was fine for the first three months, now it's doing the same thing again!So the next (radical as it seems) step, is to replace the 12' IN-Wall HDMI from TV,to Receiver. What a hassle!I'm thinking this may not solve the problem.That 90 degree swivel HDMI plug from MONOPRICE seemed like a good idea, but now I'm back to square one. Some suggestions were to apply glue on the HDMI ???? I would never do that, or spend oodles of money for Monster Cable, it's all X's and O's, no matter what brand.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Blue Jeans Cable (their bonded ones) are good too. I left a 30+ footer in the old house and brought the 50 footer with me (and tested it). Excellent quality. When the Monoprice was 35 footer was bad, did not want to wait and ran to Best Buy and forked up the money for the Monster Cable as I just did not want to wait. It's for the bedroom system projector. Still awaiting a custom audio component rack (and a projector mount) for the main system where I have a 50 foot Blue Jeans cable sitting. May want to look at http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/hdmi-cables/hdmi-cable.htm - BJC Series 1 Bonded

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
DEFINITELY try a different cable. The quickest way to test is to just try another one and if it works, then your cable is likely the issue. I just had a problem with my Amazon Fire TV because I used whatever cheapo HDMI I had laying around and it kept flickering and cutting out. Swapped over to the Bluejeans HDMI from my BD player and no issue at all. I've been using Bluejeans HDMI for about as long as they've offered them and they're easily the best for the money IMHO. I ran a 25 foot Bluejeans in wall for my dad's setup and have not had any issues with it for a few years.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You could also try one of the flexible HDMI connects that Cables to Go sells on Amazon. They are specifically for this purpose.

Mr645

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon
Everyone talks about the quality of the signal in regard to HDMI cables, but I have a $99 Audio Quest cable and while it may not provide better picture quality, it sure is well made. It's flexible and plugs in securely. Just order a new cable, Blue Jean is a well thought of brand and pretty well priced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks