1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

HDCP, ACTIVATED!

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Sam Posten, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Form of, an annoying DRM scheme! =0

Wonder Twins analogies aside, it seems that HDCP/DCHP are now activated on OSX at least on the new Macbooks. Seems like one giant hurdle to BluRay playback just fell.

Apple brings HDCP to a new aluminum MacBook near you

2. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
  3. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Well-Known Member

Wondertwins power, ACTIVATE! [​IMG]

With the rumors of new quad core CPUS and chipsets (Nehalem?) potentially making their way into the iMac refresh, which will probably come around Macworld Expo 2009 (January 5-9, 2009), I really hope Blu becomes an option soon. I just built a screaming new PC box but if BD were on an iMac, as well as quad core and faster RAM/FSB, I'd probably spring for one and run it in parallel with my Vista box. I could use my Vista box for gaming and Office/Outlook/work use, and then upgrade to CS4 for OSX and use the iMac and MBP for all my creative/artistic programs.

4. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Yep, i bought a i7 Dell XPS to game on but I really want to move from my photo work from my iMac to a MacPro, but no way am I doing that pre-Blu.

Sam

5. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Well-Known Member

I just gotten bitten by this trying to play a newly purchased from iTunes HD episode of Castle from my new Mac Pro over DVI to an Apple Cinema Display. Denied.

Way to screw your paying customers guys! When Hollywood wonders why it has a bootlegging problem, this is exhibit A. If you buy it, it doesn't play. Think I'll keep buying from you? Of course HDCP is a form of copy protection stops no "pirate" known to man -- they simply copy DVDs or BDs, or for TV show record HDTV broadcasts (which happens to be perfectly legal)!

Anyway, I am planning to upgrade my 6 year old ACD soon, but in the mean time I'm massively annoyed.

6. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    I don't blame you. Send an email to Steve Jobs and tell him how annoyed you are. Seriously.

sam

7. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten