What's new

hdcd question... (1 Viewer)

KennethF

Stunt Coordinator
just wondering... and i dont know if i even have any hdcd's in my collection.

i currently have a rotel rsp 1066 which can decode hdcd. if i have a dvd player (like the denon 2900 that looks pretty good for the next upgrade...) that does not have internal hdcd decoding, will a hdcd digital signal be sent to the processor for decoding? or must both units be capable of hdcd to decode the signal (or just the dvd player if played through analog inputs)?

sorry if its a rambling question... thanks for the help, guys

Michael_T

Second Unit
i currently have a rotel rsp 1066 which can decode hdcd. if i have a dvd player (like the denon 2900 that looks pretty good for the next upgrade...) that does not have internal hdcd decoding, will a hdcd digital signal be sent to the processor for decoding? or must both units be capable of hdcd to decode the signal (or just the dvd player if played through analog inputs)?
You only need one source to decode HDCD. It depends on which component is doing the HDCD decoding.

For instance if your CD or DVD player has the HDCD decoder built in, in order to get the "benefits" of HDCD you must use the analog outputs of that CD or DVD player.

On the other hand since you are using the Rotel rsp 1066 which can decode HDCD, then you must feed the digital signal of the source player to the Rotel for the Rotel to acknowledge and decode the HDCD signal.

If you are currently using the Rotel and have a CD or DVD player hooked up via the digital output/input - then the Rotel should currently be able to decode HDCD regardless of whether or not you buy the Denon 2900.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks