What's new

HD931 - 4:3 Content forced into FULL (1 Viewer)

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
I was very happy with my LO2001 and the fact it showed 4:3 content in 4:3 at 1080i over component.

My new HD931 stretches my 4:3 DVD's into 16:9 and I cannot change it, to be honest to looks like crap.

We have alot of TV shows on 4:3, Strangers with Candy from Comedy Central has a great conversion and looks fantastic on the LO at 1080i, but on the HD931 it stretches it and it looks crappy.

Any fix or way to change this? I've adjusted everything I could, no help.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
That's a big reason I went with the Bravo D1 instead... turned out to be a god choice since the DVI imput on the projector i later upgraded to is not HDCP compliant. The D1 pillar-poxes 4:3 content and scales non-anamporphic DVDs. It's most likely done exactly like the LO 2001 since they share the same scaling chipset. Although the D1 is a little buggy (responds to pioneer receiver remote codes sometimes... 1/20 discs won't play on first try but will after restart or open/close) the PQ is great, especially on fixed-pixel devices (DLP, LCD, LCOS, Plasma, etc).

If ya can return the HD931 I would. You could go w/ the D1 or pick up the D2 when they ship later this month. It's $250 and supposedly fixes all the gripes w/ the D1 (poor loader, remote conflicts, iffy build quality). If it remains HDCP free I may upgrade myself.

Hope this helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks