What's new

HD-(X)A1 Firmware Update now available on Toshiba website. Now version 2.4!!! (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
My receiver handles switching just fine, and I have a nice little 5.1 cable bundled in one. :)

- Steve

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
I've tried both PCM and bitstream, and regardless, my Denon 4306 automatically switches to PCM or Dolby Digital (I'm using HDMI connections). Just got me e-mail from Toshiba, I should be getting my 2.0 Firmware disc next week! :)

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
Has anybody noticed any ill effects as far as the center channel sound is concerned? Another poster (can't recall which forum) reported poor (distorted?) sound coming from his center channel after applying the 2.0 upgrade. He said that he had to re-initialize the player to solve the problem...

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

I got my e-mail from Toshiba on 09/07/2006, and I am still waiting for my firmware upgrade. Have you received yours? How long is it supposed to take?

Thanks.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member

Paul, I'm still waiting, too. For previous firmware updates, I received my email after I already received the disc in the mail. According to some folks on AVS who spoke to people at Toshiba, they're having a shortage of the discs, and are getting them out as fast as they can. I'm hoping we'll have our discs by the end of this week.

Hayes Preston

Stunt Coordinator
Called for 1.2, got it fast. 1.4 came automatically, also very fast.

Still waiting on 2.0! I am getting frusterated.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I was told by Toshiba 2 weeks ago to the day that the 2.0 discs had just arrived and would be sent out immediately. I still have not seen mine.

EdClay

Agent
Not yet... and RCA is still showing ver. 1.4 for download on their site. I would guess Toshiba would need at least 25 to 30,000 CDs.

Shaun

Second Unit
Well, I finally got mine in the mail today. Though, I won't be able to use it until tomorrow. Got the e-mail from Toshiba on 9/7. Comes in a small CD sleeve with instructions and license agreement.

Anyone else get their's yet?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I called Toshiba today as I orderd the disk nearly 2 weeks ago, they have been on backorder. Mine just shipped out yesterday.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
Got mine yesterday (ordered both by phone and sending the reply card in Sept 1)...

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
Thanks, Tim. As I am coming up on the 30-day limit anyway, I replaced the player at BB Tuesday night. I'm gonna try Serenity tonight both before and after the update. In any case, here's hoping that (IF Blu-ray get's their cr*p together) , either Denon or Marantz will announce a high-end *combo* player come CES in January.... I know, but I can dream, can't I?).... :D

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
My disk showed up today. Can't wait to upgrade the player an spin Phantom with the TrueHD track.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Call them, when I did they told me the update disk was on backorder.

I installed my 2.0 last night and watched Constantine. In TrueHD I had a lip-sync issue that I had not had before. Doing some research seems this is a problem with the 2.0 in TrueHD only. DD+ is fine.

I've been doing some testing with Phantom and Constantine now and infact reloading 2.0 as I type, some say this does the trick.

The lip-sync is very minor, so much so that 2 out of the 4 of us watching Constantine last night did not notice it.

I will say this, the TrueHD track puts everything you've ever heard to shame, it sounds beyond amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks