1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

HD Tuner for Projector

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Jamesurq, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Jamesurq

Jamesurq Auditioning

So I don't have cable or sattelite - so I'm using Netflix and Hulu and Bluerays.
    But it dawned on me, I can't have a Superbowl party this year unless I get an antenna.
    But... My projector doesn't have a tuner built in.
    Is there a reasonably cheap HD tuner that I can buy? HDMI out

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    I've used the Centronics ZAT502HD with my projector for about 2 years, and I've been very happy with it. I think it was $99.

3. zorbi

zorbi Auditioning

Realize this is an older post, however i had been looking for something similar and just purchased the Boxee TV ($99). I also don't have cable or sat, just good ole OTA, yet wanted the ability to watch some TV w/ the projector (recently built a play room/theater room w/ lots of help by reading posts here)
    I really only wanted it for certain events superbowl, turkey day parade (wife), etc and it also has netflix and vudu. Sure it does have the cloud DVR option (not yet in my area) however i don't have a use for that yet.
    So far it works for my limited need and cost is not to bad at $99, we will see..

4. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    I know nothing about the Boxee TV. How does it compare to the Roku 2 XS(their top model)? Thanks.