What's new

HD projector with surround sound cable and xbox 360 (1 Viewer)

awells85

Grip
Real Name
tony wells
Hey guys been really looking around for a set up that works for me.
I'm looking to do a hd projector with surround cable and playing my xbox. I can't seem to figure out how this set up would work. Like what is distrubiting all of the video to the cable to the projector and xbox to the projector? I know the reciever would do the sound for all but I'm confused about that also because if the xbox uses hdmi how does it seperate video to projector and sound to the surround sound. Sorry if this is confusing but posted on the go from my droid.

I tried asking the dummies at best buy but they won't tell me cuz they want to charge a ton of money for something that seems like could be done by me.

Thanks for the help fellas

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The A/V receiver splits the audio and video carried on the HDMI cable. Video is sent to the projector and audio is sent through the receiver's amps to the speakers. What is the budget for your project and what equipment do you have now?

awells85

Grip
Real Name
tony wells
My budget is about 1500 maybe a lil more. I have two xboxs and also an older projector epson. It only has red yellow and white connectors. Vga svideo and a moniter connection. I was going to buy a new projector as a friend just handed me the older epson.

I have no receiver or speakers as of right now. So I would need all audio and a projector. I woiuld be willing to spend a lil more maybe up to 2200. I know its not a huge budget but I'm not looking for a crazy threater. This is more of a cool factor to have a huge screen for super bowl and such.

Also the room has a few windows that I wiill dark out. I thought about doing this in the den but figured it was to small at 12x12 room. Let me know what u guys thik. Thanks again.

blairgo

Auditioning
Real Name
blair lin
Thank you for your update,i think this are very helpful to me. Nike SB High Dunk Custom Series 02 Pico dos Sonhos Nike SB Brazil has collaborated with a group of pro skaters and artists to create three new sneakers. The group included Rodrigo Petersen/Rimon Guimaraes, Cezar Gordo/Rafel Chavez and Fabio Cristiano/Luis Felipe Volpi & Caue Rodrigues. Dubbed as the Nike SB Custom Series 02 Pico dos Sonhos Dunk Highs, each Nike SB Dunk Shoes features a sock liner with art from the murals. Cheap Nike Dunks Shoes sale at nikehome.net.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Some people spend $1,500 on the screen alone so you are going to have to make some tough decisions on where you want to spend your money.

If you are handy you can build a screen for as little as $100. You may even go cheaper if you want to paint a screen on the wall but not all walls are smooth enough for this.

The minimum sound system we commonly recommend are the Onkyo home theater in a box (HTiB). A quick search will find the actual model numbers.

The remainder of your budget will go to the projector. That's the difficult part because many of these projectors run about $2,000 and you will not have that much. Look in the For Sale section here. I've seen some low hour projectors for great prices. For new ones, Projector Central is the site to look at. If you have specific projector questions, the Displays section here is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks