What's new

HD Football (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I finally pulled in all the HDTV OTA channels with one antenna position indoors (I am using a 10dB antenna booster along with a Radio Shack Double Bowtie antenna - now discontinued), so I don't have to fiddle with the antenna to get certain problematic channels. Halleluah!
Hopefully the referees see the replays in HD as well for the challenges. :D

Tim Sly

Stunt Coordinator
The CBS Titans/Raiders game looked great. I did have a few brief picture and/or audio drop outs. And the singing of the national anthem was way out of sync with the picture. Anyone else notice this? I got the signal from the DISH Network. Otherwise it was awesome. I wish Dish provided ABC in HD so I could get the Superbowl.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Tim - have you tried pulling in your local ABC affiliate with an OTA antenna? Or are they not broadcasting in HD yet? The AFC Championship game looked awesome! Sorry, I didn't catch the national anthem so I can't comment on that.

I can not wait to watch the Super Bowl in HD on a 100" screen. Some of our friends that are coming over have never witnessed anything in HD. I think halftime will include a demo. I'm leaning towards some LOTR material, any other suggestions???

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
And the singing of the national anthem was way out of sync with the picture. Anyone else notice this?
I noticed that, too. I was watching an OTA HDTV broadcast. I have noticed audio synch problems on the field in the past, even on standard broadcasts, so I did not pay too much attention.

We will be hosting a few friends for their first HD sporting event this weekend. I hope that ABC does not have any major glitches.

Tim Sly

Stunt Coordinator
Dennis, I live in Central Minnesota (Wadena) and I doubt any stations around here are broadcasting in HDTV. I could I find out? I don't even know where the stations are located.

brandon kylee

Auditioning
Regarding an earlier thread on a 720P signal getting up-converted to 1080i, is this how all set top boxes work? The reason I ask is because I have noticed that HD programs on ABC are not as sharp as programs from other stations that broadcast in 1080i.

Since I have a HDTV (Toshiba 50h81) that supports only 540P and 1080i, could the up conversion to 1080i caused the degradation in picture quality, or it is actually a down conversion to 540P? Also, does the set top box do the conversion or does the TV do the conversion? And lastly, what happens to a 480i or a 480P signal, does it get converted to 1080i as well?

Tim Sly

Stunt Coordinator
Minneapolis does broadcast ABC in HD but it is about 130 miles away from me. That is way too far to get a signal right? The local uplink station for ABC around here... I doubt they are putting it out in HD but then I wouldn't know how to find out.

brandon kylee

Auditioning
Thanks Robert. But does the conversion from 720P to 1080i degrade the picture? In other words, is the picture from an original 1080i source better than a picture from an original 720P source that's been converted to 1080i?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks