What's new

HD-DVD campaign: The Look and Sound of Perfect (1 Viewer)

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I was hoping from the title of this thread:
HD DVD was campaigning to make "the look & sound of (HD DVD) perfect"
An ad "campaign" is sure to bring in more customers, how many I have no idea, just I wish they would concentrate on audio/visual quality first.

Not saying anything bad about the great titles HD DVD has.
Just, does EVERY titles have the BEST audio (24/48 lossless at least) & visuals (not poorly done 1080i transfers), that's all.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Poorly done at 1080i? What would be better, 1080p? Very minimal difference between the two at best, and that's if you'd even be able to see a difference.

RobertDW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert D Wehe

Hmm you do know that HD DVD titles are encoded at 1080p24 don't you?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
A little late by right for the Christmas buying rush. 100s of HD-DVDs by end of 2006 available, that's not a bad projected accomplishment into the tail end of this year. My guess is with the fact that HD-DVD is going pretty well and hardware issues addressed they may actually meet the mark.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Actually, it's not bad timing really. It allowed studios to get a mass of 40-some DVDs on the market, and to get the firmware updated on the players to take care of many of the issues that were initially experienced; had the big marketing push come earlier, not all of the ducks would have been in a row. Holding back a little (yes, making us beta testers) probably was a good thing, all considered.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
The official HD-DVD campaign website.

http://www.thelookandsoundofperfect.com/

Dave>h

Second Unit
Click on the movies link and some GREAT titles coming:

Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Matrix Trilogy
Batman Returns
Ultimate Star Trek
Braveheart

Drool drool!

Dave

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
In case you missed the article we will have all these by 4th quarter this year.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Is Toshiba smoking some bad crack? On of the movies on the coming soon list is American Pie 5 :rolleyes. To my knowledge there is no American Pie 5, or have I been asleep for a few years? :laugh: I dont think anyone even proof read the page they just posted it the way it was.

Here are some mistakes I found that I find to be funny
American Pie 5 , Don't think that exsists
Fast And Furious: Tokyo Drift (next colum) The Fast And The Furious 3 , isn't that the same film ?

Those where the only two that stood out, but I think Toshiba should have a few people check there work first :laugh:.

But I can't wait for these titles in HD-DVD
The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy (Will it be the standard or EE version ?)
Band Of Brothers
Braveheart
Battlestar Galactica
Batman Begins
The Ultimate Star Trek Collection

With Sony being stupid using MPEG2 and pushing there Blu-ray player back to the end of the year. I can't wait to get my hands on these titles. Especially since HD-DVD seems to be the only one so far offering the newer audio formats.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Thanks for the info Robert I thought they where smoking crack :laugh:. My BAD

I can't belive they made another American Pie movie, I hope its good. I loved the first 3 and Band Camp. I guess we will find out as soon as it is released.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

RobertDW,

I believe that Ed was referring to the issue that some Warner HD DVDs have been made from 1080i masters that were poorly deinterlaced to 1080p (Full Metal Jacket, Perfect Storm, The Fugative, Enter the Dragon, etc...). So even though these HD DVD are encoded in 1080p, they are somewhat softer than they should be and have some artifacts due to the poor deinterlacing. Therefore, not "the look of perfect".

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Has anyone who owns HD-DVD titles like Full Metal Jacket or The Perfect Storm had issues with video quality or artifacts?

I have purchased both titles along with 3 others and am just waiting to save up for the player. I am hoping that the video on these titles are very good.

RobertDW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert D Wehe

Oh sorry about that. :) Those titles still looked pretty darn good on my 1080p DLP.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well Sony just keeps handing advantange over to HD-DVD every day, or at least it seems that way. Its rediculous that WB titles that are VC-1 on HD-DVD are going to be MPEG2 on Blu-ray. Mmmmm if this keeps up I may just have to buy the Toshiba HD-DVD player and say no to Blu-ray if Sony cant stop this bs game by using inferior MPEG2 releases.

With Toshiba VC-1 releases being compaired to Blu-ray MPEG2 releases, Toshiba really is looking more like the look and sound of perfect.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Is this for certain? Do you have a link you can post that states this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks