1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc -- making "M:I 3" the biggest-selling next-gen title....

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by MarekM, Nov 9, 2006.

1. MarekM

MarekM Well-Known Member

2. ppltd

ppltd Well-Known Member

I wish they would have reported the breakdown of HD-DVD and BD sales. That would have made for some interesting dicussions on this thread.[​IMG]

3. AaronSCH

AaronSCH Well-Known Member

Strange that a breakdown isn't being reported. But 20,000 units sounds pretty insignificant to me. Does that consider sales of the full collection as well? Amazon's sales rankings of the Mission: Impossible Collection place the HD DVD edition at 423 while the Blu-ray edition lags far behind at 2883.

4. ppltd

ppltd Well-Known Member

Depends on whether the 20,000 was limited because of lack of willing purchases, or lack of supply.

5. MarekM

MarekM Well-Known Member

hmm I think in article it was mentioned ONLY MI3, so it's unclear if they counted also collections hmm

and yes they are insignificant.... we need at lest 1mil players of each camp to see any bigger numbers....

Marek

6. ppltd

ppltd Well-Known Member

The interesting numbers will be when Fox releases X3, and Universl releases King Kong (excluding numbers from the free giveaway). At that point, with Mega movies being released in both formats as exclusives, and MI 3 being a cross platform film, the exclusive studios can begin seeing what exclusivity is costing them in lost revenues.[​IMG]

7. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Well-Known Member

Tim Glover
    Would like to see a breakdown as well regarding the HD-DVD and Blu-Ray sales....[​IMG]