What's new

HD DVD add-on price cut with 5 free movies. (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Looks like MS is steeping into the price cut game.

While only listed as a two month deal, given the upcoming holiday season, I kind of think that the cut may be permanent.

Archangel

Agent
Real Name
Jason
Any word on what the dates are for purchasing the add-on that you can get the deal? would it be 3/1/07 - 9/30/07 like the toshiba players? :emoji_thumbsup:

Edit: I'll answer my own question. After doing some research it seems that it's for players purchased between August 1 and September 30. Makes complete sense I guess I was just hopin :D

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I went ahead and got in due to this deal. The selection of films was pretty rough, but at least there were a couple of decent titles and in general gives me something to put in it to show off (along with KKong).

Then I bought Planet Earth, so really I don't need any other demo material. :)

Averry

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew

Yeah, I bought 4 movies in a week. It's crazy what this stuff will do to you. I tell ya.

Schadow

Auditioning
Real Name
George Morefield
I bought a Toshiba HD-A20 player back in May, 07, and the deal-maker was the 5-movie offer. Sent the application in on June 1. Called the 800 number after 8 weeks (the range shown on the offer was 8-10 weeks for delivery). Was told that my application was in order and the shipment was being prepared to go out. Called at the 10-week point this week and was told that the shipment was REALLY ready to go out and after shipment, the DVDs would take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive at my door(!).

This outfit in El Paso that Toshiba has selected to handle the free DVD offer smacks of a store-front operation without the benefit of any acceptable level of management.

If it were not for the amazingly good performance of the HD-A20, I would feel more badly treated than I have been.

Averry

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew

Dang, it's been three weeks, and I sent it in RIGHT away after the deal started, so hopefully my slipped in there.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
With this deal I'll be getting (I'll be buying the add-on on Tuesday)...

The Chronicles of Riddick
Casablanca
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Blazing Saddles
U-571

Wished they offered older films too.

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Bought the addon from Amazon and they threw in 2 free movies plus King Kong that comes in the package. So with the 5 from the mail-in deal, that's 8 free movies. So with the 7 free movies, it's like I'm getting the addon for free. Too bad my damn Xbox 360 chose to crap out so now I have to send it in to MS and I have no idea how long that's gonna take.

So I guess I won't be watching Transformers in HD anytime soon. Will still buy it though. Just gotta say that being format neutral feels so relaxing. Anything that comes out that appeals to me is up for grabs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks