1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

HD-A2 Clock

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by proudpeacock, Dec 12, 2006.

1. proudpeacock

proudpeacock New Member

Hello,

Just got my Toshiba HD-A2 from Ultimate Electronics, and with my one (so far) DVD, "Superman Returns", am suitably blown away!! (Watching on the new Samsung 5679 LED Driven DLP set)...all set-up seems to have gone well, except.....it won't let me set the clock (small complaint, I know)..Can set the Time Zone, but then does not let me alter year, month, hour, etc....it's like the buttons on remote do nothing..even though those same buttons work when setting other options.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ralph

2. proudpeacock

proudpeacock New Member

duhhh.....

Never mind, pilot error on my part. Expected that the hours, minutes, etc. would be set using the arrrows to advance or back down the numbers....never thought to input the numbers using the NUMBER PAD.....

Thanks

Ralph

3. buggs

buggs Member

give us a review... How is the load time? Any stuttering in the playback? I have been waiting on the A2 release and would love some feedback.

4. proudpeacock

proudpeacock New Member

Will likely be Thursday til review, but will give it my best shot then...

Have lots of background in HD (worked at NBC/RCA/GE when we were testing the various schemes in early 90's), have only had the Samsung with OTA HD for a month or so...

Will also be limited by my current lack of material ...

More later...

Ralph

5. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Congrats! And let us know what you think of that LED-driven DLP!

- Steve

6. Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch Well-Known Member

I too just received the HD-A2 and watched my first ever high-def movie - Batman Begins. It was utterly unbelievable how fantastic this movie looked. For the first time ever, My Panasonic AX100U projector blew me away. I have never seen a movie look this good even in a theater. Wow!! Even the best mastered DVDs no longer cut it when compared to HD-DVD especially on a projector. An eight-foot image needs a high-def feed IMO. Prior to buying the A2, the image on the projector with SD looked slightly soft or barely out of focus, but it was blazingly clear and sharp with the Toshiba. I'm now a happy camper.

7. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Well-Known Member

Neil Joseph
    Question about the HD A2. Is it PC-based like the A1? I was discussing this player with a fellow HT enthusiast and this subject came up. I did not know the answer.

8. Southpaw

Southpaw Well-Known Member

I have owned an XA1 for about 7 weeks now and now yesterday I received an A2 from VE. Tried it out today with a SD DVD (Pirates 2: DMC) and HD DVD (M:I 3). PQ and AQ are the same to me. No difference at all between the two. (I had already watched both of these discs on my XA1 prior to receiving the A2). Fuctionality of the A2 is far superior. Load time is less than half of the XA1. No playback problems at all. Remote response is so much better on the A2 as well. To be fair, my XA1 has performed exceptional over the last 7 weeks. Only problem I've encountered was lip sync issue with The break-up on HD DVD. I'm probably going to sell the XA1 and keep the A2 now.

9. Southpaw

Southpaw Well-Known Member

I would say it is still PC based but not as much as the A1/XA1. Response time and load time is much more in line with standard DVD players.

10. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    I think it no longer has a pentium and now has a MIPS processor.

11. ryoohki

ryoohki Member

The CPU is a custom Intel LE80554 900mhz/0/400FSB

THe CPU don't have a FAN just a HeatSink compared to the A1 and AX1 witch has 2 fans..

I have a pic but can't post it LOL