1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

HBO's HDTV broadcast of Springsteen's concert

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alf S, Feb 14, 2001.

1. Alf S

Alf S Premium
    Supporter

Alfie
  2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Alf, do they even sell HDTV's in Tulsa?
    [​IMG]
    - Steve
    P.S.: I'm originally from Tulsa. This is an opportunity, I would think, to get Ultimate Electronics or one of the HDTV dealers to invite people to see the show. Last time I checked, Ultimate Electronics is a Dish Network dealer, too, so they should have the ability to receive it.

3. Jack Fanning

Jack Fanning Well-Known Member

Jack Fanning
    Alf,
    Glad to see another Boss fan! I saw 9 Springsteen shows this past tour (would've seen more, but the wife balked at the idea of going into more debt)
    You may or may not already know this, but Bruce is also releasing a DVD of portions of the June-July 2000 MSG shows...rumoured to come out 6-8 weeks after the HBO special, as well as a 2-disc CD of the same shows, with selected songs, of course...(selections that are sure to drive the afficianados into a furious hissy fit).
    Jack

4. Alf S

Alf S Premium
    Supporter

Alfie
    Funny stuff there Steve! Don't quit your day job though [​IMG]
    You are correct about Ultimate..they are a DISH and DirecTV distibutor...It would be cool if they could set up something for the show.
    p.s We have PLENTY of HDTV sets around here..thank you very much!!! [​IMG]
    Alfer
    ------------------
    Check out my new Home Theater site and my NEW HT 6.1 Pic's at www.TheEnormodome.homestead.com
    Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for HT and DVD chats at: http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/clubenormodome