What's new

HBO's Hacking Democracy (1 Viewer)

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
I can't believe I'm starting this thread. This has been out for 2 days and we just watched it. If anything, an independent investigation needs to happen into voting machines.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
That was scary stuff.

I thought the poor election officials were going to start to cry once they saw how easy it was to manipulate the count.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Honestly, this wasn't a big surprise for me. I've been working in the computer field long enough to understand how easy it can be to rig an election that uses electronic voting machines once someone finds "THE" weakness in the system. Plus, the now defunct TechTV show "Screen Savers" once had a guest that demonstrated this very same tactic of switching votes from one candidate to another as a way to rig a vote.

Despite its long known flaws (mainly ballot box stuffing), the use of paper ballots physically marked by humans is probably still the most reliable method to tabulate votes during an election. Whatever happens, you always have a physical paper trail that hasn't passed through a machine at any stage.

I found the film to be a bit on the long side. I was waiting for them to get to the point and demonstrate the flaws in the system.

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor

Sadly, there seems to be a large number of people who don't want the vote counting to be accurate or reliable. I wonder why they'd want that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks