What's new

HBO's Girls Season 2 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I was gobstoppingly offended with this weeks episode, and that's it, I'm out. If you had any show where an older male figure had sex with a high school kid on a "sexcapade" romp with jokes about potentially giving him an STI, we would be going nuts. The fact that she poked at the kid for taking his virginity while he was messed up and she felt sorry for him because he may be gay was ruthless and despicable. I enjoyed a lot of season 1, but that just crossed a boundary I am not OK with.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Edit just so that's not on the front page preview. :D
mattCR said:
jokes about potentially giving him an STI
Didn't she say UTI? As in urinary tract infection?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
She does say UTI. But let's get serious with the way the show is.. so that's my little insert. :) Still, all that said, her treatment of a kid/taking his virginity then he's basically a gay person who is trying not to be.. just the entire segment creeped me out.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
On All Fours episode shocked me as we saw semen on actress Shiri Appleby. It was also basically a rape scene. It's rare to see an actual semen scene, even on premium cable.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, it was pretty clear to me that second one was outright rape. And it makes that character completely ugh. They've classed this as "good sex" "bad sex" in the notes on sites, but it's clearly not.. I really enjoyed the first season, which I thought had moments, but this season has just made the characters just not at all likable in any way

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by TravisR
Treating some like shit isn't rape. Don't get me wrong, it was a degrading and a terrible thing to do to a person but that doesn't take it to another level.
The moment one party says "no" or "stop" it is.
(sorry, having worked with rape victims, I'm pretty hard core about this one). It doesn't matter if consent happened at first, the moment it's retracted anything beyond that is absolutely rape.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
The moment one party says "no" or "stop" it is.
I agree. However, I don't think she ever says no to him. EDIT: I took a look at the scene again and as he masturbates over her, she says "No, no, not on my dress" and then she pulls the dress down so he doesn't stain it. I'm not some meathead trying to legitimize date rape and she's clearly not into what he's doing and Adam is treating her in a terrible and dehumanizing way but he did not rape her.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I watched this scene on "one of those alternatives to Youtube" sites.... I've only watched a few complete episodes of the show...but. They gloss over numerous things. This particular scene could have, well should have, included a pre-cursor. Nobody knows what another person likes in the sack till you get there. And the word "no" is not a word I use...nor a word I expect used. (using my phone so linking it isn't particularly feasible)....go find on Youtube the Lucy Lawless scene from Eurotrip. On Youtube it is called "The Importance of the Safeword"...find it, laugh at it...and take it to heart. That is what that scene needed...something other than the word "no".

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I watched this scene on "one of those alternatives to Youtube" sites.... I've only watched a few complete episodes of the show...but. They gloss over numerous things. This particular scene could have, well should have, included a pre-cursor. Nobody knows what another person likes in the sack till you get there. And the word "no" is not a word I use...nor a word I expect used. (using my phone so linking it isn't particularly feasible)....go find on Youtube the Lucy Lawless scene from Eurotrip. On Youtube it is called "The Importance of the Safeword"...find it, laugh at it...and take it to heart. That is what that scene needed...something other than the word "no".

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks