Hawaii Five-O: Season 9 (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by WaveCrest

Season 12 (Region 1) DVD announcement in this TV on DVD thread (on page 16):

I only bought up thru Season Nine though. So I posted in this thread.

Gary "haven't watched the new H5O series yet - doubt I ever will" O.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Gary OS said:
     Quote:

Jeff, I'm really glad CBS got the last two seasons of Hawaii Five-O back on track in terms of the transfer quality.  It gives me hope that maybe they'll do a better job with Rawhide Season Five (assuming they don't stall the show out again) after going backward with the S4 release (non-HD transfers).  But with CBS you never really know.

Gary "take care, buddy" O.
Thanks Gary, CBS really came through for the fans by not only doing a great remastering job for the final 2 seasons, but they also went back and remastered the S10 episodes for Netflix and Amazon Prime. I only hope they show the same great care and respect for RAWHIDE and it's fans--that's another crown jewel from the CBS library that I discovered on a blind buy that deserves the very best treatment! Take care, Jeff

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Jeff*H said:
Thanks Gary, CBS really came through for the fans by not only doing a great remastering job for the final 2 seasons, but they also went back and remastered the S10 episodes for Netflix and Amazon Prime. I only hope they show the same great care and respect for RAWHIDE and it's fans--that's another crown jewel from the CBS library that I discovered on a blind buy that deserves the very best treatment! Take care, Jeff
It's a bit frustrating that Season 10 is remastered on Netflix and Amazon Prime, but not on the DVD set. If there's any set they should recall, it's Hawaii Five O Season 10. They did it right, they remastered the episodes. Why not transfer them to disc now???

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I have collected Hawaii Five O through Season 9. When I heard about the video transfers for Season 10, I decided to pass for now. If I see it at a good price, I might pick it up in the future. I know the show began to decline in the later years, but I still have some interest in completing the series. I wish they would re-release Season 10 with the new transfers, I would definitely pick it up and be more likely to continue on with Season 11 and 12.

Every fan of the show would have understood a delay in releasing Season 10 to provide the necessary time to complete HD remastering for the upcoming DVD release. The quality of Hawaii Five O through Season 9 was far superior to anything I had previously seen. It really is unfortunate CBS/P felt the need to do a rush job with Season 10.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff*H

Thanks Gary, CBS really came through for the fans by not only doing a great remastering job for the final 2 seasons, but they also went back and remastered the S10 episodes for Netflix and Amazon Prime. I only hope they show the same great care and respect for RAWHIDE and it's fans--that's another crown jewel from the CBS library that I discovered on a blind buy that deserves the very best treatment!
Take care,
Jeff

Thanks for the well wishes on Rawhide, Jeff.

Gary "all I can do is sit back and hope CBS does right by the show like they have H5O" O.

EdG

Stunt Coordinator
jdee28 said:
It's a bit frustrating that Season 10 is remastered on Netflix and Amazon Prime, but not on the DVD set. If there's any set they should recall, it's Hawaii Five O Season 10. They did it right, they remastered the episodes. Why not transfer them to disc now???
Yeah let's hope this won't be one of those times where the only way you can get a properly remastered season 10 on dvd is to double dip on a complete series set.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdG

Yeah let's hope this won't be one of those times where the only way you can get a properly remastered season 10 on dvd is to double dip on a complete series set.

For the sake of all the loyal fans that bought S10, I hope it doesn't turn out that way. These fans deserve the remastered tenth season as a stand alone! I hope CBS gets it right.

Gary "with this studio you just never know what is coming next" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdee28

My guess is that it's simply a matter of economics. While we as consumers are thinking of what the "right" thing to do would be (reissue S10), the studio is going to be interested, primarily, in the bottom line ($). I know that often times means the fans get shafted, but it is the reality of the situation.

Gary "CBS goofing on the S10 set is another reason I'm kind of glad I stopped at S9" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdG

I hadn't thought about that possibility, Ed. But now that you say it, I guess anything is possible. It certainly wouldn't be a good way to treat the fan base if they went that route though.

Gary "incredible scenery with this show" O.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Does anyone think that Paramount could have deliberately put out Season 10 of Hawaii Five-O non remastered with the reason being they would figure fans would be forced to double dip by having to buy the Hawaii Five-O complete Series set which would presumeably have Season 10 remastered? Not saying this is the case, just wondering what others think? Robert

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
That presumes the studio is smarter than it is. It simply happened because they decided to get lazy at that particular moment thinking that it was more important to rush S10 into release and they probably figured the fans wouldn't care quite as much.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I'll bet if they do release a Complete Hawaii Five O Series set, the remastered Season 10 will be part of it. CBS/P has a long tradition of adding content to a Complete series set that leaves all their single season purchasers, who supported the earlier releases of the show, feeling slighted (to say the least).

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCCLOUD

Does anyone think that Paramount could have deliberately put out Season 10 of Hawaii Five-O non remastered with the reason being they would figure fans would be forced to double dip by having to buy the Hawaii Five-O complete Series set which would presumeably have Season 10 remastered? Not saying this is the case, just wondering what others think?

My instincts would say no, but with this studio anything is possible.

Gary "CBS never fails to create some kind of drama - intentional or otherwise" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack P

Gary "you may have not meant that to be funny, but it was" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisALM

I'll bet if they do release a Complete Hawaii Five O Series set, the remastered Season 10 will be part of it. CBS/P has a long tradition of adding content to a Complete series set that leaves all their single season purchasers, who supported the earlier releases of the show, feeling slighted (to say the least).

Maybe you're right, Chris. For some reason I doubt it will play out that way, and I know it would really upset plenty of fans that bought the individual season sets, but anything's possible when it comes to this company.

Gary "do most fans agree S9 was the last good season of the series, or do opinions vary on that?" O.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by Gary OS

Quote:

Gary "do most fans agree S9 was the last good season of the series, or do opinions vary on that?" O.

I watched the original airings of Hawaii Five O fairly often through Season 5. From Season 6 on just didn't have time to watch it any more and am very unfamiliar with how the show progressed. I have purchased through Season 9, and imho, the show hasn't lost much. Being able to get these later seasons has been great, since I always enjoyed the earlier years of the show when I watched the original run.

I have skipped buying Season 10 for now due to the quality of the release. I will probably eventually get it when I can find a reduced price as I would like to eventually have the entire 12 seasons, even if the decline in the series itself becomes more evident.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisALM

I watched the original airings of Hawaii Five O fairly often through Season 5. From Season 6 on just didn't have time to watch it any more and am very unfamiliar with how the show progressed. I have purchased through Season 9, and imho, the show hasn't lost much. Being able to get these later seasons has been great, since I always enjoyed the earlier years of the show when I watched the original run.

I have skipped buying Season 10 for now due to the quality of the release. I will probably eventually get it when I can find a reduced price as I would like to eventually have the entire 12 seasons, even if the decline in the series itself becomes more evident.

While I did think the show was at its best through those first 3 to 4 years, I can't say I felt it lost much even up through the 9th season. My main reason for stopping at S9 is the loss of Chin Ho. I know it's silly, but I hate seeing long-standing characters get killed off. So I made my choice to stop where I did. But that's just me.

Gary "the video issues with S10 definitely didn't help persuade me to change my mind though" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks