What's new

Hawaii Five-O - Any Interest Out There? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
As you well know, if either Gord or I had info on this, it would be posted as news on the site. We've heard nothing so far. Sorry!

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I was wondering what people think about bringing Hawaii Five-O to DVD. While I grew up watching the later episodes and thoroughly enjoyed them, I'm wondering would this show come across as too dated to enjoy on DVD at this time? It has been many years since I have seen even one episode.

I personally would love to buy a season set of one of the longest running TV cop shows out there. If I could just hear Jack Lord say "book um Danno" just one more time I would be a happy man:)

Doug

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I know it ran at one time on hallmark and some late nights on WGN. I don't think it's dated at all. The show is very well written and clever. I certainly would be interested in acquiring the show.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Well, supposedly their is going to be a movie version of the show. So I assume that we may get something then.

Dave Farley

Second Unit
I would buy season sets without a doubt. They still show an episode on Hallmark every Sunday night/Monday morning too. I catch it if I can.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Interest here as well. Many (but not all) of the episodes were remastered awhile back for use in syndication (they look great on Hallmark). Having the remastering already done should make the transfer to DVD that much easier.

Steve

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
And, if priced in the Have Gun-Will Travel range, even 12 seasons wouldn't be that dear. Book 'em, Paramount.

ScottCor

Stunt Coordinator
Just thought I would bring this one back...Any more word on the movie which might lead to the show being released on DVD?. For a show that lasted 12 seasons they have to do something..don't they?..loved it as a kid.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Unfortunately the 175 remastered episodes were cut to 46:30 while the unremastered shows are about 50 minutes and complete. I would love to see the first four seasons come out with maybe selected later episodes like all of the Wo Fat ones, the 3-part Vachon saga and the sequel the following year. Again, Paramount, Paramount, Paramount. They just own so much that it could be years before they get through all of their great series.

ScottCor

Stunt Coordinator
I agree, I could live with less then the whole 12 seasons..maybe a big boxed set with the best of every season, including like you said, the must have Wo Fat and Vachon episodes. Though I wouldn't mind the whole enchilada ;)
...Paramount is a problem..I noticed the other day they also have "Wings", which I would love to have and is ranked 17th on the unreleased list..

ScottCor

Stunt Coordinator
Cool!!!...movie is closer to reality now...this could pave the way for the series..wonder if the movie rights to Warners include DVD releases..anyone know?? ok I had a link but I don't have 15 posts yet so no go..but still this is great news.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Mark has a very good point there. A potential DVD release would almost certainly be the edited down version because of the remastering that's already been done UNLESS Paramount had the foresight to remaster the entire episode knowing that they would still be editing out several minutes. Doesn't seem likely though.

It's a shame that a specialty network like ENCORE MYSTERY doesn't show programming like this (and other crime shows). The WESTERNS channel and even the ACTION channel show a variety of great classic shows complete and unedited.

Steve

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Encore is a great network in that they show programs commercial free and mostly uncut (unless they are sent cut prints). Unfortunately they really don't have a genre channel geared towards drama which rules out any lawyer, doctor or cop shows.

Joe*R

Stunt Coordinator
Well it's a new year and has anyone heard any tiny bit of info. on a possible release??? BTW-when is this movie supposed to come out and is it still happening??

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I'd be interested in a season or two, but only if the were the complete uncut versions. No syndicated edited versions!

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I would also be interested in this series. I thought this was the coolest show when it ran. The big black Lincoln's, Jack Lord's turn around in the opening credits and of course, "Book 'em, Danno.":D

Mark To

Supporting Actor
From the Hawaii Five-O website:

Someone wrote to me recently: "Mike, there was an article in [a national newspaper] about 3 weeks ago about Paramount/Viacom releasing TV DVD's. I called the journalist who wrote the article, and amazingly enough, she picked up the phone. I asked her about Five-O, and so she actually called Viacom for me, and called me back. She said Five-O is slated to be released on DVD in 2006."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks