What's new

Having fun in the snow? (1 Viewer)

MichaelBA

Supporting Actor
Two feet of snow in my part of Long Island, New York. The railroad decimated. No trains in and out of Manhattan. But because it's not snowing, work is still "on." Do I have to take the subway from Jamaica with the other MILLION schlubs schlepping their way into the city?! ARGH!:angry:

Why can't it blizzard on a MONDAY, dammit!!!:thumbsdown:

BridgetJZ

Second Unit

I actually live in DC now...and to my dismay, they were actually diligent about cleaning up the snow.

Roads were pretty much clear by early afternoon on Sunday.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

Ugh, I made that trek home once when there was a track fire and no LIRR to Jamaica. Just awful. My job was closed today I'm happy to say...Hope you stayed home!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I ventured out for the first time today to go to work, I live in Wilmington, Delaware and we got about 10-11", not a bad snow fall.

I hear those regarding people freaking out when they see just a few flakes, here they will close some school's even if they HEAR that a snow storm MAY hit! :rolleyes

From the way these people raid the grocery stores at the idea of impending flurries you'd think that an asteroid was coming to hit the Earth or something.

Anyway, I got another container of snow to add to my collection, I "collect" blizzards and put it in my freezer, I still have some snow left from the President's day blizzard from a couple of years ago. I just like the idea that the only remnants of that monster of a storm resides in my kitchen. :D

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
John, that is an awesome idea :D. What do you use for container?

You should try ebaying some of it...

--
H

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thanks, Holadem, it's a bizarre thing to do I know but it's fun, I don't know. :D

I use those cheap plastic Tupperware knock-offs that you can buy for $1.00, something that won't be missed and is easily replacable.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Does it matter that I collect the stuff the day after? What are the rules governing such endeavors?

--
H

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
A co-worker was just telling me that her and her husband were laughing hysterically at all the "I GOTTA GO SHOPPING" people...She said when they got snowed in Sat. night, her husband opened the fridge and was like "Shit! We don't have any food!" :laugh:

John, I like that idea of collecting blizzards...I'd suggest doing nor'easters, but we'd need a big freezer to do that!

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator

Yep, here in the panhandle of FL (Pensacola, FL), it got down to roughly 25 the other night and last night was right below freezing. It's been cold here recently, at least for Florida. We wear long sleeves for 60 degrees though.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks