What's new

Has "The Love Bug" been delayed? (1 Viewer)

John Gido

Second Unit
I tried calling Best Buy, Circuit City, The Disney Store, etc. and no one has ANY info on "The Love Bug" being released today. Has the release date been pushed back?

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
DVD Planet has it as IN-STOCK.

It sounds like you're facing the infamous problem of retailers not stocking catalog titles. Who want those old movies anyway?:angry:

John Gido

Second Unit
I just called the 1-800-72-DISNEY phone number and they verified that it was, indeed, released today. I'm just curious as to why there are no B&M stores in the NJ area that are aware of/stocking it on the release day.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Because it's a catalog title and is put on the slow boat, as opposed to big new releases that are express shipped to stores.

Look for it to show up in probably 5-10 days. If you want catalog titles on, or close to, release date, order on-line. :)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
My local Disney Store didn't have any Love Bug, 20,000 Leagues, or Rescuers discs in stock. Plenty of copies of the DTV Atlantis 2, though. Ah well. I ended up grabbing 20,000 Leagues at Best Buy and will have to wait for the rest. Best Buy doesn't even have The Love Bug listed as available on-line.

Regards,

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Target(NJ) had 20,000 leagues and Atlantis 2, but no Love Bug. Good deal if you buy 20,000 leagues & Atlantis $4.00 off instant coupon.

Tony Scello

Second Unit
After visiting or calling a number of B&M's today, including The Disney Store, The Love Bug DVD is, apparently, no where to be found. I had no problem finding 20,000 Leagues...but The Love Bug is missinig in action. If your planning to try to pick this up at a B&M after work today, don't bother. It looks like some online venders got it in but they were the only ones. Hopefully, this is just a delay in shipping and it will be readily available later in the week.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
FYI-Here in California, the SF Bay area, I only tried my local Costco. They had all the big releases, Star Trek Nemesis, 20,000 Leagues, Dances with Wolves, Frasier, Cheers, but no Love Bug either.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I got 20,000 Leagues, but I couldn't find The Love Bug or any of The Rescuers. :frowning:

I also finally got The Jack Ryan set. :)

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
FYI, after going to several B&M stores today, I gave up on finding The Love Bug. I ended up ordering it from dvdempire.com this afternoon and they processed the order in less than an hour, so thankfully it's on its way to my door.

I really can't understand what Disney was thinking. Presumably they've put together a wonderful two-disc set for this movie and yet no major retailer has any info on it at all.

Very strange.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
After visiting Target, Best Buy and Wal-Mart this morning, I placed an order on-line as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks