What's new

Has Fox dropped the Ball?? (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks, Mr. Finn, for the great MTM news and your other comments. They are much appreciated.

Regarding Batman, do you believe it is a realistic expectation that the rights issues will ever get worked out or is this likely to never receive a home video release.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'd like to put in a plug for some of my favorites. I'm currently rewatching "Hill St. Blues" and would love to have more than two seasons. I also concur with more "Big Valley" and also "St. Elsewhere". Releasing these either through Fox or licensed to Shout! would make me very happy.

Doug

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Fox is VERY hit and miss with their releases. I'm still baffled as to why the X-Files complete series was discontinued, even if they wanted to add the new movie to the package. To say nothing of them getting behind Married... with Children (refusal to pay for Love and Marriage aside) and abandoning King of the Hill.

Fox... sometimes good, sometimes they make you shake your head.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Originally Posted by Finn
I love all the passion for the titles you want to see on DVD. Really, I do. It isn't that we have given up on any of it. Quite the opposite.

If Mr. James Finn is indeed a FOX insider reading this, let me please make my request for VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA Season 4 Volume 2 – the final 13 episodes needed to complete the series.

We never hear if the series will continue, or if it will not. Is there anything you can tell us?

Please consider ALL options: Standard release, licensing to a third party, or MOD. We’re way to close to completion to stop now.

Thank you, Mr. Finn for participating is this fine forum!

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
And Mr. Finn, I am wondering why no more Peyton Place episodes have been licensed to Shour Factory. Is Fox considering this show as a release, or will we see it eventually from Shout? I appreciate your participation here, and hope to have more Peyton Place sooner then later!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Similar to the "Peyton Place" situation is the one regarding "Burke's Law" which was licensed to VCI for its first season release (along with other Four Star catalog titles, "Honey West" and "Zane Grey Theater"). VCI has said they were in discussions regarding the second season of this show, and I would assume that is with Fox. I hope there can be some momentum that will bring the final key season of this show to DVD.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Mr Finn along with my friend Jack Cleveland and the many numbers of Peyton Place Fans please give us something on the future of this fine show. Shout! Factory has stated to many fans they are waiting for Fox to license more episodes of Peyton Place to them. Please inform us about what the hold up could be.

Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Mr Finn I join with all the Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Fans to ask please wrap this series up with the release of the final 13 episodes from season 4 vol 2. Please give us something. The last release was March of 09. So you can see fans have waited a very long time for the vey last volume. I just ask you to pass this on to the people who make the choice as to what to release.

Thankyou Mark Collins

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Boy, oh boy! I bet a great many people are glad I started this thread. I had no idea when I put forth that comment, that we'd actually get the responses we did and by whom.

James

(who knows how to pick great questions or what). Kudos to me.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The one other abandoned Fox title that I think fans would hope gets a second chance soon, especially since a new movie is currently in production, would be "The Big Valley."

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
We are all in your debt James!!!! Mr Finn from Fox as you stated at least posted on this thread. Mr Finn gave fans of MTM answers.

I only wish he could have given us Peyton Place Fans an answer. The whole Peyton question seems like a win for Fox and for Shout. I hope he can post sometime if he knows or can find out the answer. The question stated once again. Why Fox you will not give Shout! Factory more Peyton Place Shows to release for home video???

The second question stated once again. Please 20th Century Fox give us any news to the release of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea the last 13 episodes that will wrap the series up. The season is 4 the volume is 2 . The last release Volume 1 Season 4 in March 2009.

Fox has told me via Phone Rep's that emails do count and calls with your name given at time of call count. Posting here with a large THANKYOU TO JAMES FOR THIS THREAD show they count very much. The proof given Mr Finn's response's.

[email protected] phone 1-888-223-2369 letters Fox Shop ATT: Customer Service 300 California Street 3rd Floor San Francisco CA 94104

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jack P
The one other abandoned Fox title that I think fans would hope gets a second chance soon, especially since a new movie is currently in production, would be "The Big Valley."
I'd be all over this one like Nick Barkley over a bad guy /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif

Dan-P

Stunt Coordinator
James, your comment is very true. For years, Fox completely sucked and dropped the ball completely - the absolute worst. The fact that one of their employees very recently posted something in this forum may be reason for a little hope that something has changed at Fox, but really - don't be bragging that you finally completed MTM. That took how many years? And alleged intervention by Oprah? Come on. If Fox has really turned over a new leaf that's great and I'm willing to forgive, but count me among those who will believe it only when I see it. Fox has a lot to make up for.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Dan-P
James, your comment is very true. For years, Fox completely sucked and dropped the ball completely - the absolute worst. The fact that one of their employees very recently posted something in this forum may be reason for a little hope that something has changed at Fox, but really - don't be bragging that you finally completed MTM. That took how many years? And alleged intervention by Oprah? Come on. If Fox has really turned over a new leaf that's great and I'm willing to forgive, but count me among those who will believe it only when I see it. Fox has a lot to make up for.
I don't see Fox releasing much classic TV on DVD after MTM is finished.

I think that if anymore classic Fox shows are going to come out of the vault, it will be through Shout Factory, or another company that licenses their shows.

For example, right now, Shout is releasing Rhoda and Mr. Ed. I know Mr. Ed is an MGM show, but Fox has the distribution rights to those shows (IIRC). So, I'd say it counts. Shout also has Room 222, Mr. Belvedere, and probably other Fox shows I can't recall.

This is why I say that if any more classic Fox shows escape the vault or get finished up, it won't be Fox doing it, but a company that licenses the shows. I also think that it took extraordinary measures to get MTM finished.

potnoodle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Will F
I agree completely. While I greatly appreciate that the Fox representative took time to address some of the comments made about Fox on this board, hoisting up the MTM show as proof that it hasn't blown off classic TV shows is a bit disingenuous, given how many years fans had to wait to see the full series on DVD. As for the Adam West "Batman" series, of course Fox wants to get that out as soon as they legally can because the "Batman" franchise is a proven moneymaker. When I read on TVShowsonDVD.com that St.Elsewhere season 2 or Bob Newhart Show season 5 are on the way, then I will be the first to acknowledge that Fox is indeed committed to classic TV, but until then, there's really nothing to get excited about.

Dan-P

Stunt Coordinator
Fox squatted on those rights for years and refused to do licensing, allegedly ... even though Fox wasn't releasing the shows themselves. If they've finally started doing some of that then great, but it's long overdue and I'm not going to give them too many kudos. How long has Bob Newhart been stalled?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by Dan-P
Fox squatted on those rights for years and refused to do licensing, allegedly ... even though Fox wasn't releasing the shows themselves. If they've finally started doing some of that then great, but it's long overdue and I'm not going to give them too many kudos. How long has Bob Newhart been stalled?
But if you notice - Fox will licence part of a series, and then for some reason refuse to negotate for future releases - VCI with "Burke's Law" and SHOUT! with "Peyton Place".

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Peyton Place dropped. Old news yes. Haven't given up hope?? Decidedly not!!! Fox can always change their minds Will I stop my constant request for PP episodes?? Yes I am afraid there is nothing anyone can do.

Will I still scream for the last 13 episodes of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea?? The jury will be out a long long time on that one.

New email I just receieved from Fox along with another giving me a heads up on their products. See the last sentence of the post if you care to read it. The New Fox Product List I did not include. Hey it was in a separate email.

I should think Voyage has a very slim chance now of a release. TCM however may cause Fox to sit up and shame them into the release of the last 13 episodes of Voyage.

The honor for Richard Basehart seems more and more less then a rumor. Turner Classic Movies keep your eye on them.

Here is the last email I shall receive from Fox on Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. I am sure Fox will be glad.

I must thank Mr Finn for posting here. I am sure he knew there was a lot of frustrated Fox fans who were not getting their shows. I thought he did and said all he could to everyone. I hope he returns!!

Fox Fans please take a look a few post's back and see the Fox email and phone number. My two shows may have been shelved but there are lots of good Fox shows out there to advocate for. Do not be discouraged by my results.

Here is the last email.

Hello,
We do not have a release date for the final 13 episodes of this title to be available anytime soon for. You may check back in the near future.
Thank you,
Fox Consumer

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
THE JURY HAS COME IN 20TH CENTURY FOX!!! VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA FANS WILL ACT AS JUDGE!

I want those last episodes. I want yes I want the LEPRECHAUN!!! I will even go this far. What was wrong with him??? He never hurt anyone. Mr Pem did all sorts of bad things. No on ever says he is bad.

I know now everyone is thinking Mark is drunk or out of his mind. Nope just up to late and maybe to much diet coke.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks