What's new

Has anyone purchased or seen a review the new Polk RTi series of speakers? (1 Viewer)

Chuck Watwood

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased the older RTi line of polk speakers for my HT last december. I have been very pleased with them. Since I purchased them at Circuit City, I can return them for a full refund up to one year from the purchase date and buy the new series at only a few hundred dollars difference. I am looking for a review or personal experience with the new line before purchasing them. I plan to upgrade to the top of the line RTi models and I think they would sound even better. My current Polks are a little lacking in the midrange in my opinion. Any input is much appreciated.

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Chuck - I think they've been having some RTi blowout deals. You might want to check into that b/c if you can get that 100% back, AND upgrade to the latest RTis at the blowout pricing, you could end up way ahead. And not to mention that the 1yr will start again w/ the new speakers. Other than that, I'm not sure how worthwhile it'd be to continue throwing hundreds on Polks when there might be a better value on the horizon.

Chuck Watwood

Stunt Coordinator
Ernest,

The RTi's I'm talking about are the new RTi designs. All new line of RTi's. From what little I have read, they are quite an improvement over the old RTi line.

Keith*D

Agent
They do sound a little better than the old RTi. They had the replacement for the RTi70 and an RTi70 at a Circuit city near me. As for pricing they were $324 each, and the 70's were $300.

Keith

Richard_B

Stunt Coordinator
I believe I saw what was a new RTi6 bookshelf speaker with a 6"driver. The look of it was very nice, it was real cherry finish wood vs. vinyl and they sounded very nice too. I saw them at Fry's Electronics.

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Oh - I had no idea about that. Regardless - I think you should maximize that CC Policy of the speaker upgrade deal and do some sort of upgrade whether it be those clearance RTis (if those are an upgrade to your current set) or something slightly bigger b/c in the long run, this will be gaining you higher performance / $ due to their 100% credit on your old speakers.

Chuck Watwood

Stunt Coordinator
Ernest,

Exactly my thoughts, I plan on upgrading the the new RTi's, top of the line. I can do it for less than $500.00. I have had my old RTi's for nearly a year. What a deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks