What's new

Has anyone else had problems with the Cape Fear(91) DVD case? (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Has anybody else had problems with the Cape Fear(91) DVD case?
All the cases are coming with the DVD flap(that holds disc #1) broken at eithe one or BOTH hinges.
I have been through 5 DVD cases, finally keeping the fifth one.
I just plan on ordering a 2 disc DVD case from inetdvd.com
I have given a light shake to the other DVD cases and heard it loose inside as well.
This is a little ridiculous.
------------------

TSOLfan

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Sprigler
I had the same problem. The flap holding the first disc had broken off and the the first disc itself was loose in the case.
It seems to happen quite often. Whenever I travel out on street dates to pick up discs, I make sure to turn the case upside down and other trials to try to make sure I get a disc/case in good condition.
Since I've been burned a couple times by discs that are tightly packed and broken and I can't tell, I now open the disc before I even leave the parking lot.
------------------
Suspicion breeds confidence.
My DVD Collection

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. No problem at all with mine. I really prefer this type of packaging over the double cases (saves space), so it kinda sucks if there are going to be problems with the hinges!

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I had no problems at all but I really do not like those packages. Why not make them a little bigger and have a DVD on each side? Anyways, the DVD(s) itself are great and really surprising that they went so full out on this movie.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Yep... mines broke. Bottom hinge busted.
angry.gif

guess I'll be ordering a new case.

Casey Neutron

Stunt Coordinator
The top hinge is broken on my copy. When I first opened the disc and saw that, I thought, Damn! I should have picked a different copy. But another copy might not have been any better after all, judging by this thread. How weird.

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Add me to the list. The bottom hinge was broken and the inner flap was dangeling. I replaced it with a spare double thin Amaray case that I happened to have which appeared to be of better quality than the cheap variation that Universal used. I hope they rethink using this cheap, low quality case for their future double disc sets.

Alan Wild

Stunt Coordinator
One of my hinges is busted. Don't recall exactly which one it is. (My disc is @ home and I'm @ work).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks