What's new

Has anyone bought or seen R2 Hong Kong legends titles (1 Viewer)

Garry I

Stunt Coordinator
I am thinking about buying nearly all of the titles released by HKL. Can i have some confirmation as to whether or not they are worth buying. I heard that they have all been digitally remastered and restored, but 3 of their titles have been cropped to 16:9(Drunken master, Legend of a fighter and snake in the eagles shadow). I did buy Bruce lee: The master colection R1 in 1999 and now i hear FOX is going to rerelease them again with the same transfers.

Chad B.

Second Unit
I'm a big fan of the HKL series!
I own these...
- Armour Of God
- Battle Creek Brawl
- The Big Boss
- City Hunter
- Drunken Master
- Fist Of Fury
- Hitman
- Island Of Fire
- Snake In The Eagle's Shadow
Unfortunately, I haven't gotten a chance to watch about half of these yet. I will say that Armour Of God seems to be missing a few seconds of subtitling/English dub during the opening scene and the audio on the Hitman disc sounded rather poor. Other than that, they're very worthwhile nice DVDs so far.
HKL have a lot of good titles on the horizon for 2001 and 2002. :)
------------------
g , [email protected]

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I've got City Hunter and Iron Monkey, both of which are excellent. The commentary track on CH is genuinely informative, and actually talks about what's on the screen at the time(an increasing rarity with commentary tracks).

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
As you mention they made mistakes with a few early releases by cropping them or, as in the case of New Dragon's Gate Inn, leaving off the Cantonese soundtrack. Since then, however, every disc they've put out has been superb and their video and audio quality easily beat any other versions of the same titles. Throw in a usually good assortment of extras and you have some great DVDs.

Garry I

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the information. I've ruled out New dragon gate inn, hitman and the cropped titles.

Users who are viewing this thread