What's new

Has Anybody Figured This Out? (1 Viewer)

Ian_H

Supporting Actor

You would be surprised how many people I have caught shoplifting while they are trying to get into the keepcases. Even guys with pen knives have to spend more time prepping for the lift and time is the enemy of shoplifters. Peeling shrinkwrap makes noise and having to cut through the security seals makes them slow and obvious as to what they are doing.

--Ian

PatH

Second Unit
On a related note: What's the best way to get the Gollum figurine out of The Two Towers box without totallly destroying the packaging? I'm told the Canadian packaging did not have this problem.

Pat H.

Eric Eash

Second Unit
single-sided razor blade down the middle. i can have a dvd unwrapped and unstickered, in under 20 seconds, including removing the damn security device, no damage done whatosever:D

Lyle_E

Stunt Coordinator
well just to pipe in..
I cut down the center too...
Now my wife on the other hand, opened 1 dvd once..(just once).. where she used a knife to cut down the spine of the dvd case...and pulled the entire clear plastic coating off. No damage to the paper insert. DOH!!! thanks to AOL I had a replacement case

Eric_B_C

Stunt Coordinator
Pretty sad they needed to post instructions on how to open the packaging. Maybe they should have packaged it differently!

I don't like to use a knife as I have been known to take large chunks out of my hand, and I have slipped and damaged the box before. But I'm sitting here with Bull Durham on top of the pile next me. Bull Durham that has a chunk damaged on the back due to the security sticket removal process!

Besides, it seems ridiculous to have to use hardware to open a bloody DVD:)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

A friend of a friend did something similar. Apparently she removed the shrinkwrap and just kept going. I think she was missing a few 1s and 0s, if you know what I mean.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I had a special blade forged by Hattori Hanzo just for this purpose, even though he had sworn never to make another. :)

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks