What's new

Has any one heard Alison Krauss's new live Cd? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Joe, nope, that's not correct. I bought my copy at K-Mart the day it was released, and it is a standard CD release. The hybrid SACD version is supposed to be out early next year.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Rich, that's a mistake. The CD came out on November 5th. Last I heard, Rounder had not announced a release date for Live. They simply said it would be out in 2003.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Damn. That's not the first error I've seen in Digital Eyes listing, but it's the worst one (they very often fail to get the 2ch/multi-ch thing right).
I'm glad I asked, because I very nearly ordered that disc, which would have created a big return hassle, bad feelings. etc.
Digital Eyes, get your act together! All the new formats are confusing enough as it is... :frowning:

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Rich, I had a bad experience with Digital Eyes in getting an SACD last year. I don't think they have their act together.
Anyway, I just went to rounder.com and allisonkrauss.com and could find no information about the Live SACD. :frowning:

Joe Cole

Second Unit
Oh man when I saw this in my in box I thought that it had come out. It looks like the same mistake that K-mart did on their site back in Nov.

Keith,

I finally got her 'Now that I've found You' SACD. And it is wonderful. You can really tell how much her voice has matured since then on the SACD layer. The detail is very good for a digital source.

Do you know if they recorded her live set using DSD?

Joe Cole

Second Unit
Thank you Jim! Great article.
I liked to 'hear' Lee Scoggins chime in here: 32 mikes? Can SACD be done now with this many inputs?
So now the question is when? ;)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Along with this new attention, the pure sound she can achieve with her band made them ideal candidates for the first nonclassical concert recording made specifically for multichannel SACD, Alison Krauss & Union Station Live.
Now that I've drooled all over my shoes, when's the frickin' release date?!?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Joe,
I was going to recommend the Sound & Vison article. It was very well done.
Glad to hear that you are enjoying the Now That I've Found You: A Collection SACD. It is outstanding. I always get a chill down my spine when I hear Krauss's rendition of "I Will". It's just great. The whole disc is great. I use the SACD at home and got the standard CD free from Columbia House recently for use in the car and office. That CD makes a trip to my office at least twice a week. :)
All,
If anyone learns of when Live will be out on SACD, please share the knowledge. I will be all over that one. I am still enjoying the CD. It was steal at $10.99 the day it came out. If only all music were so well done and were so reasonably priced.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Chris,

Thanks.

Does anyone have this SACD yet? It's not like I really have to ask about the sound quality. First off, the first three Krauss SACDs sound wonderful. Secondly, the Live CD set sounds great. The SACD has to be a winner.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
my bad,

April 1st (everyone reported March 18, but it has been delayed).

I can't understand why so many people like New Favourite (I have all the CDs except LIVE, and find no need to upgrade) and not Forget About It.

oh well.

will be buying LIVE SACD as my 1st SACD!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The "Live" album has at least 7 songs from "New Favorite" on it. Obviously half the album was good enough to make AK and US's playlist that night.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
got the SACD today.

no player though.

the CD layer sounds beaut as is.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
The current issue of ICE states that the SACD will be out today (April 1st) in the US. No foolin'! ;)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Keith, I got shipping confirmation of this SACD from Elusive Disc yesterday, so ICE must be correct. Should get it by Friday and will post my thoughts.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Well I walked into Best Buy just for the hell of it and whatta ya know, AKUS "LIVE" is looking right at me. And yep, it says SACD all over it! Also, BB went from 40 Sony titles and 5 Universal to over 200 total(including Telerarc, Universal,Rounder:D ) Awesome. Someone at my store here loves me:D
On a sad note, the super jewel it came in has the 2 sacd set stacked on each other, no other plastic thingamijig to seperately hold it:angry: Dumb, Dumb, Dumb!!!!!
Oh, I got Willie Nelson Stardust too:b
Gotta go listen;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks