What's new

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows (Parts I and II) discussion (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
As I mentioned earlier. I have never read the books. But, seen the movies. This way I am not upset by things missing. But, I cannot wait another year and a half for the conclusion. So I have been listening to the book on tape while in the car, working out or sitting on the beach. And I trying to figure how they will get over 25 hrs of story into 5hrs? Yes, I know a lot of the story is explainations of surroundings and movements. But, it will be interesting to see what is and what isn't in the story.

I am just at the part of the book where..

Where they escape Voldemort in Godrick's Hollow and Harry finds out his wand is broke. The way things are going. It feels like Empire Strikes Back. Where at every turn the good guys are getting whooped.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
First official still from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part I:
1000x800px-LL-dh_stills_0002htf.jpg

todd s

Senior HTF Member
While I am happy for the pick. It would be nice if they release a pic of some of the new characters in the movie. I know some have already filmed their scenes.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The marketing machine is just getting started for this flick, which will hit theaters next November. There will be plenty more photos as time goes on.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TravisR ">[/url]

Have they decided on what they're going to call these movies? Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book One or Part One or what?

[/QUOTE]
Harry Potter: Revenge of Voldemort
and
Harry Potter: Return of the Potter

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Second official still:
https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/thumbs/2/29/dh_stills_0003htf2.jpg/1000x800px-LL-dh_stills_0003htf2.jpg">

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [b]TravisR[/b] [url=/forum/thread/282646/harry-potter-the-deathly-hallows-parts-i-and-ii-discussion/30#post_3633912]

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Filming on the Harry Potter series completed earlier this month. The first trailer for Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows: Part 1 will be released by Warner Bros. at 4 PST on Monday. The official synopsis from Warner Bros.: Part 1 begins as Harry, Ron and Hermione set out on their perilous mission to track down and destroy the secret to Voldemort's immortality and destruction—the Horcruxes. On their own, without the guidance of their professors or the protection of Professor Dumbledore, the three friends must now rely on one another more than ever. But there are Dark Forces in their midst that threaten to tear them apart. Meanwhile, the wizarding world has become a dangerous place for all enemies of the Dark Lord. The long-feared war has begun and Voldemort's Death Eaters seize control of the Ministry of Magic and even Hogwarts, terrorizing and arresting anyone who might oppose them. But the one prize they still seek is the one most valuable to Voldemort: Harry Potter. The Chosen One has become the hunted one as the Death Eaters search for Harry with orders to bring him to Voldemort... alive. Harry's only hope is to find the Horcruxes before Voldemort finds him. But as he searches for clues, he uncovers an old and almost forgotten tale—the legend of the Deathly Hallows. And if the legend turns out to be true, it could give Voldemort the ultimate power he seeks. Little does Harry know that his future has already been decided by his past when, on that fateful day, he became "the Boy Who Lived." No longer just a boy, Harry Potter is drawing ever closer to the task for which he has been preparing since the day he first stepped into Hogwarts: the ultimate battle with Voldemort.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Link to the full trailer... Looks great!

http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-trailers-and-clips/harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-1/

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Love the trailer but I'm a little concerned about the last scene in it. If that's what I think it is then it's a very big change from the book, IMO. I know that the book and movie are two different things but I will not be happy if that's really how they changed it.

My heart was in my throat by the end of the trailer. The movies can't get here soon enough.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jim_C

Love the trailer but I'm a little concerned about the last scene in it. If that's what I think it is then it's a very big change from the book, IMO. I know that the book and movie are two different things but I will not be happy if that's really how they changed it.

My heart was in my throat by the end of the trailer. The movies can't get here soon enough.

Jim, Their has been some big discussions about this. If you are referring to the battle in the Great Hall. A lot of people are still saying it happens. It looks like the battle between Harry & Volde is made a bit longer and more intense. So they start in the Hall and then work out into the ruins. We shall see.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I've been avoiding spoilers even though I've read the book. As for what you've posted...

If that's true that has to be the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. The battle between the two of them consists of a lot of talking and the casting of one spell each. The fact that the wand can't defeat its true owner is central to the whole damn book. How can they have a prolonged intense battle and not betray the damn book?! This will piss me off to no end.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's not a deal breaker for me as long as the emotion of the scene stays intact. All seven films lead up to the final confrontation between Harry Voldemort. It makes sense that they'd want to make sure audiences get their money's worth.

There can be a prolonged battle without betraying the fact that the Elder Wand can't defeat Harry, as long as Voldemort doesn't land any serious blows. The only thing that changes is the amount of time it takes Voldemort to realize he's screwed.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
A demonstration of how special this series is. Philosopher's Stone/Sorcerer's Stone on left, Deathly Hallows on right:

Ron and Hermione:

5f37246d_ron-hermione-ss-dh.jpg

Harry and Ginny:

1e997131_harry-ginny-ss-dh.jpg

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Excellent trailer. Great visuals, great music, great material. Much better than the first teaser. Which highlighted their long slog through the forest, easily the worst part of the 7th book. I hope the movies deliver as well as the 7th book did. That is a high standard. It is amazing how effectively they cast the children.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm ready for this. I know, all the twilight peoples are out waiting at the theater. Shockingly, I'm much more excited about a film where the actors don't seemingly have rigormortis from their own wooden performances ;) Bring on Harry!

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
Awesome comparisons, Adam. And I 100% agree with you. This particular franchise can claim to be a legit phenomenon.

That Harry and Ginny kiss in the trailer (which isn't in the book, considering its placement) is going to kill me.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of Ginny. The actress just got engaged to Jamie Campbell Bower..Who plays Grindlewald in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks