What's new

Harry Potter COS glitch (1 Viewer)

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
On my Zenith DVB216 progressive-scan player, COS played fine until what I'm assuming is the layer change -- approximately 90 minutes into the film. Then it simply stopped and refused to go any further. No scanning, no chapter skip, no nada. The machine was completely locked up. After a minute, it responded to the "stop" command, but that was it.

This is the second Warner DVD in a row that has done the same thing on my player -- "Murder by Numbers" being the first. It's a safe working hypothesis that if I tried to play another recent Warner DVD, the same thing would happen.

This, and an unexpected check for freelance work that I had literally forgotten about, gave me the excuse to do what I had wanted to do: order the Sony 755 player with SACD from One Call. I liked the Zenith a lot: good picture, great remote, looked cool to boot. But the prospect of compatibility issue with a major studio's DVDs, including "The Matrix Reloaded" this fall, "forced" my hand on the matter.

Craig W

Second Unit
I agree that Warners should go back to 448kbs for the DD tracks, but isn't the theatrical version of DD always at 384kbs? So they are essentially giving us the same compressed version used for the theatrical presentation.

I agree Warners has been very inconsistent in the DVD medium over the past three years.

This could be due to the fact that AOL Time Warner is a struggling corporation. Nothing like huge corporations trying to cut cost at the expense of quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks