1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter COS and Toshiba 2109

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Brian Alan, May 15, 2003.

1. Brian Alan

Brian Alan Agent

I am having all manner of problems with Harry Potter COS in my Toshiba 2109. It's definitely a player issue, because it's happened with two different discs. When I insert the DVD, the pre-menu sequence comes up, then the menu locks up. I have to turn the player off. When I turn it back on, the pre-menu sequence comes up again, and I can select "play movie" when the menu comes up. However, the sound starts dropping out intermittently almost immediately.

What's interesting is that I've never had a compatibility issue before, and I've watched a lot of DVDs on that player.

Is it time to step up to a new player?

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

The 2109 is four years old, and if the machine has seen a lot of use and has a lot of hours on it, then, yes, it looks as if it is in its terminal phase. Most DVD players are not known for ruggedness and durability and longevity.

3. Stephane

Stephane Stunt Coordinator

There is a new firmware upgrade for the 2109. I just had it done to one of my customer's units. it cost him $ 56.00 plus labour for the upgrade. So If you want the latest version of firmware, just go back to where you bought the player and send it out.

Stephane
    Ottawa