1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Harriet Craig (1950)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Miguel M Santos, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Miguel M Santos

Miguel M Santos Well-Known Member

Miguel M Santos
    Is there any hope that Sony will release this anytime soon, anywhere in the world?

I know they recently released Vincent Sherman's "Affair in Trinidad" in R2, but I really would like to get this one after catching a few minutes of it on TV.

2. Corey

Corey Well-Known Member

Sony could actually make a Crawford set with:

-They All Kissed the Bride
    -Harriett Craig
    -Autumn Leaves
    -The Story of Esther Costello
    -Beserk

If they even put Straight Jacket and Queen Bee, I'd like that too.

3. Charles H

Charles H Well-Known Member

TCM is showing HARRIET CRAIG on TCM on 8/3. It's the quintessential Crawford role and its willful absence (thanks to Sony) on dvd makes it a rather obscure film (would love to have had a Sherman commentary on this since he was having an affair with Crawford at the time). The previous incarnation--CRAIG's WIFE--was also a career-defining role for Rosalind Russell.

4. Junior_V

Junior_V Well-Known Member

Sony don't release classics, So don't expect any DVD from them

5. Corey

Corey Well-Known Member

Lol, sad but true. It's pretty pathetic that this late in the dvd game, other studios other than Fox and Warners don't realize that people like old movies and will buy them. Sony, Paramount, and Universal are not listening to the consumers.

6. Nick Eden

Nick Eden Well-Known Member

Fortunately, FilmFour (UK cable/satellite) channel is showing a lot of Columbia material, all with the Sony International branding at the end i.e these are all new transfers.
    They look very good and apart from Autumn Leaves, Harriet Craig has also been shown.

7. Jace_A

Jace_A Well-Known Member

Well, they do, but just not a whole lot. I've a number of Columbia classics on DVD, the most recent of which is "Here Comes Mr Jordan". Crawford's "Queen Bee" and "Straight Jacket" are also on DVD from Sony.

8. Jefferson

Jefferson Well-Known Member

CRAIG'S WIFE, paired with its remake HARRIET CRAIG would be a fun comparison....both films are fun...other studios would put them out as a two-fer, but probably not SONY.