What's new

Harper's Island (1 Viewer)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Anybody give this new show a shot last night? What did you all think? At this point, the characters came off a bit generic, but I'm willing to give that some time to change. It did have a fair amount of skin and a surprising amount of gore. At this point, I'll be back for the next couple of weeks at least.

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
SPOILER ALERT! Harry Hamlin met a bad end, don't you think? I actually will watch this show--they've only made 13 shows, and I'm sure that's all there will be. Not to be negative, but almost everything gets cancelled now.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
We watched last night. I almost checked out around the 40 minute mark. None of the characters made an impression on me in the slightest-good or bad. The concept itself is intriguing, but there are too many stock/generic personalities at this point. The pilot did a fair job of introducing everyone, the situation and the groundwork for the rest of the season.

It needs to get better in a hurry for me to stick around, especially at 10 pm on Thursday.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
This show has way too many stock hipster/model types, but the mystery premise is OK. It was far from the worst premiere I've seen this season, for sure. It seems they have a pretty solid idea of where they're going.

Harry Hamlin's end was particulary gruesome! And the guy under the boat getting chopped up by the propeller (and his severed head). No wonder the show has such a late spot... I'm only putting this in tags because some people might have put it on DVR.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I just watched episode one...it looks like it could be good, cheesy fun! My only fear? That it will be cancelled (like "Reunion" I think it was called) before the run ends and we will never find out "whodunit".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The lead female, Abby, reminds me of a younger, bustier version of Parker Posey.

Glad to see Gina Holden get some work, thought she was cute on "Flash Gordon" as Dale.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

I think all 13 episodes have been made, so there should be a resolution at the end. The only question is whether it will actually air on TV.

The show is kind of like the board game Clue. It is weird seeing Christopher Gorham without the glasses.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

FYI
You can find the COMPLETE season of Reunion online. I have it, yet to watch it though.

I'm in on Harper's Island.
But what's up with the little girl Madison?

I'm going to laugh if the kid is the killer.
Which I HIGHLY doubt the kid is the killer.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Okay.
I guess I will start a dead list.
And that way it will be easy for us to pick the killer if we want to guess early.

All 25 characters(Suspects)

Abby Mills (The Good Girl)
Beth Barrington (The Single Girl) DEAD! Cut up
Cal Vandeusen (The Outsider)
Chloe Carter (The Flirt)
Christopher Sullivan (The Best Man)
Danny Brooks (The College Buddy)
Henry Dunn (The Groom)
Hunter Jennings (The Other Man) DEAD! Booby trap shot gun on the getaway boat
J.D. Dunn (The Black Sheep) DEAD! Gutted
Jimmy Mance (The Old Flame)
Joel Booth (The Nerd) DEAD! Shoots himself in the leg
Katherine Wellington (The Stepmother) DEAD! Stabbed in the back with shears
Kelly Seaver (The Outcast) DEAD! Hung in her home and red ink filled inside her eyes
Lucy Daramour (the Socialite) DEAD! Burned to death in a pit
Madison Allen (The Flower Girl)
Maggie Krell (The Wedding Planner) DEAD! Hung outside the Cannary Bar
Malcolm Ross (The Hustler) DEAD! Hacked to pieces and incinerated
Nikki Bolton (The Biker Chick)
Richard Allen (The Brother-in-Law) DEAD! Harpooned through chest
Shane Pierce (The Townie)
Shea Allen (The Maid of Honor)
Sheriff Charlie Mills (The Sheriff) DEAD! Hung from being pulled with vehicle
Thomas Wellington (The Father of the Bride) DEAD! Sliced by a chandelier
Trish Wellington (The Bride)
Uncle Marty Dunn (The Uncle) DEAD! Sliced in half while stuck in a bridge

Other Dead people

Ben Wellington DEAD! Shredded by boat rudders
Abby's mother DEAD! Hung in a tree
Reverend Fyne DEAD! Beheaded while hung upside down
Deputy DEAD! Shot in the back
Cole Harkin DEAD! Shot with two arrows
Two Deputes[color] DEAD! Shot[/color]

Alive after being told he was dead.

John Wakefield (The Harper Island killer from seven years ago) has a Grave site, but a different person was buried in his place.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Well, half a Harry Hamlin is better than no Harry Hamlin at all. ;)

I liked it, it stunk of April Fool's Day and I Know What You Did Last Summer and in general has a very Kevin Williamson-esque feel about it but i'm a sucker for a great and complex mystery, been craving one since Veronica Mars season 2, you know, before they stripped it and dumbed it down.

That little girl creeps me out.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I was under the impression that the final episodes of "Reunion" were not even filmed when the series was cancelled. The thread for the show had lots of people that wanted to see the whole run hit DVD, but various sources seemed to imply that the filming wasn't finished to wrap up the storyline.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

The complete 13 episodes are out there.
The unaired episodes are out there.
I haven't watched it yet.
Maybe it's still uncomplete, but the unaired episodes are out there.
I'll PM you and tell you where to find them.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
According to the "Reunion" thread here on HTF, there were thirteen aired episodes out of the season's planned twenty episodes. I believe that three, possibly four additional episodes were filmed but did not air. There was speculation that the killer hadn't even been introduced (at least not overtly) in the episodes that did air.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I've updated my list of the recent dead of Lucy Daramour, The Priest and Kelly Seaver
I liked this second episode.
Nothing grand. But still keeping my interest.

I think it's still too early to make a prediction.

They are making J.D. Dunn, Hunter Jennings and Thomas Wellington look really guilty.

Also if you saw the coming soon previews after the episode they show some somewhat interesting stuff.
A note about another Wakefield.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Finally got around to watching episode 2 last night. I like this show. The characters may be a bit cookie-cutter, but that's pretty much what I expected going in. The killings have been pretty intense for a tv show.

John is right on with the characters the show wants you to think are guilty, which of course means they probably aren't. A couple of others to include would be Shane and Jimmy. For some reason - maybe I've seen Scream too much
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
- I am thinking Jimmy is the likely killer.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
What I'd like to know too is, Are we to believe that there is only one killer.
Or are they going to pull a Scream, and say that two people were involved with the killings.
If there is just one killer, given the example like Cal, the one that was hung upside down for most of the episode, and during most of the killings in the second episode.
Wouldn't he be ruled out completely?

We haven't seen hardly anything of the characters Malcolm Ross (The Hustler) and Danny Brooks (The College Buddy)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I could see them going with the multiple killer twist. If there really is only one killer then it would seem Cal is definitely not a suspect. Not quite sure what his motivation would be at this point either since he doesn't seem to have a problem with everyone, just some jealousy issues.

Speaking of his girlfriend, thanks to House every time I see her I want to scream, "That's a man, baby!"
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Ka-Boom!

Such weird titles for these episodes.
From the episode title, I though a bomb was going to be rigged.

Hunter is dead.
But doesn't it seem like the boat was meant for someone else?

At the end if you still framed the newspaper article, it said that Sheriff Mills was the only one who fired his weapon(from his partners), shooting Wakefield several times and killing him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks