What's new

Harmony 620 can't go from movie to tv (1 Viewer)

Yekrats

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
I have a Harmony 620, used with the components below. I have no problem going from watching tv to watching a movie or playing theWii. I have no problem going fom Wii to tv, but when I go from dvd to Wii, the tv goes to the tuner, so I see only snow. Why is it doing this?

TV: Samsung PN50C590
Bluray: Sony BDP-S370
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR607

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It depends are a few things. Does your Samung have unique codes for each input or does it select using a toggle? In other words, can you press a button and directly to the desired input or do you have to use a menu of some sort to go through each input between your current one and the one you want get to? I see you asked this same question on Logitech's boards (and got no answer there). I'm not an expert by any means (I kinda set it and forget it), but I will try to help if I can.. PS - It would be extremely helpful to know how you have everything connected as well.

Yekrats

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Thanks for the response. I've been a little frustrated with lack of response at the logitech forum.

I have the Blu-ray player and Dish DVR hooked up by HDMI through the receiver, and the Wii connected via component.

I have to go to a seperate menu to select the input for the TV.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Based on a picture of the remote, you have a source button only. Does it bring up a menu or does it just go to the next source connected?

But looking on Remote Central, there are other Samsung models with the same source button as yours but have hidden discreet input codes.

Yekrats

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
The Souce button brings up a menu, and I use the directional buttons to toggle between the options.

Originally Posted by Robert_J

Based on a picture of the remote, you have a source button only. Does it bring up a menu or does it just go to the next source connected?

But looking on Remote Central, there are other Samsung models with the same source button as yours but have hidden discreet input codes.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Does the menu come up when you change DVD to Wii? Does it just navigate to the wrong input? Can you hide inputs you aren't using? What about other sources and going to the Wii? Does it always end up with the same input?

I know. Lots of questions but this is fixable.

Yekrats

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Everything seems to be fine except from blu to tv. I can go from tv or blu to wii and back without problems. Is there a way to remove the tuner from the tv's input list?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Yekrats Is there a way to remove the tuner from the tv's input list?

I hate to say it but you are the one with the owner's manual. Post a link to the online version and we can check it with you. But there should be a way in the setup menu. My 8 year old Mitsubishi can do this.

Yekrats

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
I just searched through the pdf of my user's manual(work be damned), and I don't see anything about disabling inputs.

I hate to say it but you are the one with the owner's manual. Post a link to the online version and we can check it with you. But there should be a way in the setup menu. My 8 year old Mitsubishi can do this.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So even if you can't disable it, then the Harmony should not how many moves to make (up or down) based on where it starts in the menu. What is odd about the Wii on the menu? Can you go back and forth on the other sources without issue?

Yekrats

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
I checked all source changes last night(tv to blu and back, tv to wii and back, blu to wii and back) and everything worked fine except blu to tv. It seems it wants to change the input, but doesn't know what to do since they're both hdmi1.

Yekrats

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
My blu ray play and my Dish network receiver both connect to my receiver by HDMI, then a single HDMI sends signal to the TV.

blu to TV. What source is your TV? You mentioned both are on HDMI1. Do you have a cable box?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That's easy. The remote should know that both are on the same input. If you are switching between the two, it should never even bring up the input menu. If you can go to your Wii and get back to the Blu-ray, you can go to the Wii and get back to Dish. My projector is configured so that all but my old DVD player is connected through the 1 HDMI input. Switching among 3 HDMI DirecTV receivers and a Blu-ray, it never switches the input. Check your software on the Harmony site to confirm both use the HDMI input.

Yekrats

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Well, both DVR and Blu are set up for HDMI1(which is correct), but it's still not working. I've programmed one of the buttons on the screen to HDMI1, so I've got a work around for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks