1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Harman DPR series receivers???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by BillSuneson, Oct 18, 2005.

1. BillSuneson

BillSuneson Stunt Coordinator

I've just started looking at a second system for my girlfriends place and was considering the DPR 20005 from HK.

What are anyone's thoughts on a digital amplifier? I've never used one so I was trying to weigh advantage/disadvantage.

Thanks for any input.

Bill

2. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

Bill, I hav no experience with them personally - seems a tad expensive compared to other more popular digital amps (like the Panasonic XR55, great sound at $230)

However I did ecently come across a thread in AVSforum where an owner said that he had no complaints about the sound, but the receiver itself had some reliability issues

For $230 the XR55 is an amazing buy though, and if you can get a 30-day money back guarantee you can try it out with no great loss.

3. Dean_S

Dean_S Second Unit

I have a DPR2005 and have been using it daily for 18 months. I'm very pleased (and surprised) by how good this reciever sounds. I fully expected to not love it and move it to a secondary system (or return it) before I used it, now it's staying in my main system until I feel like buying a real powerhouse like the Denon 5805. I also use the zone 2 functionally for my patio speakers and this works well if you have an extra IR reciever laying around to plug into the back of the DPR to make the zone 2 remote work properly...I happened to have an extra IR recvr so it was a no brainer for me.

4. Richard Beckman

Using DPR 2005 for a year. It exceeds my expectations. I would recommend to anyone.