Happy Hour (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I was surprised.
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

I have seen nothing about this show. All the advertisements have been for the show that comes on before it (Til Death) but Happy Hour was much better.

I didn't recognize any of the actors but I got a kick out of the premise.

I will definitely watch this again next week.

Has anyone even heard of this show before tonight?

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
I had never heard of the show and somehow found my self watching the entire episode. I thought it was good and laughed out loud at several parts.
I'll definitely give it another try.

I also liked how they explained the title "Happy Hour" at the end.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I saw the show, and I was surprised that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I would watch if nothing else is on.

I did laugh more with Happy Hour than with Til Death.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I think this shows that a well written show with no names, will "out trump" a poorly written show with named stars. When will the networks realize this.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I think what I really liked was the 50's bar that was set up in the apartment.

I also hope that the sad old roommate and his new domineering girlfriend are going to be regulars. Too funny.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought the acting was somewhat poor (perhaps they'll get better at concealing their smirks/smiles during punchlines in the future), but Beth Lacke (Amanda) is some good eye candy, but she did butcher some of her lines. The rest of the cast is so-so, but it's a pale shadow of "The Loop" in terms of acting and pacing.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I think that the sort of amature feel you describe is why I liked it. I can't really explain why, but it made me feel more like I was watching my friends put on a skit while having a few drinks. :)

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
So did anyone watch the second episode? Thoughts?

Once again, I found myself laughing out loud. It's not the greatest sitcom I've ever seen, but for some reason I like it and it makes me laugh.

The reviews aren't so good, so I'm afraid we may lose it. Until then, I'll keep watching.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I actually find this one much funnier than the "till death" one.

I like the feel of it. like I said before, it looks like the actors are having fun, and it makes the whole show have a fun feel.

The episode last night was even funnier than the first one.

To bad this one gets stuck against Survivor and Earl next week. In this slot, and with the complete lack of advertisment that Fox gave it, I doubt it will last.

That is too bad. I like it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The line about the pouch for Larry's nuts had me howling, as did the rest of the plaid backpack segment. The second episode didn't disappoint.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I just looked at the ratings and Happy Hour did a 3.5 rating and 6 share. This was up against the premier of Survivor. Are these numbers bad or good?

Are they enough to keep this show around for a while?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's bad.

Sometimes Beth's voice is so low sounding, but it's just nice to see a female lead with a caboose.

Molly had that Jenny McCarthy thing going on.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Patrick, are those number bad knowing a show is up against a power house like the premier of Survivor? I guess what I am asking is would any show do much better for FOX in that time slot?

Hopefully, since they invested so much on advertising "Till Death", they will keep the two shows together and give them some time to gain some viewers.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
When you take into consideration that the Survivor premiere was one of the lowest rated openers in the series 13 outings, the performance of the Fox sitcoms looks even more suspect. The shows finished third in their respective timeslots which is not the end of the world, but they tanked with adults 18-49. Fox nabbed a paultry 2.2 compared to CBS's 5.3. In fact, in demo, Fox only managed to better a slate of NBC reruns by a tenth of a point (NBC scored a 2.1) and actually lost to an ABC schedule of repeats which grabbed a 3.0 in adults 18-49. This does not bode well for the Fox sitcoms when they go up against first-run programming on the other networks as they roll out new shows over the next few weeks.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

It will be up against The Office, and it will have quadruple compettion by the end of the month (also against Ugly Betty and Smallville)

I'm willing to bet that this will be cancelled and 'Til Death will be moved and given another chance.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It is really strange to see how much advertisement Fox is giving Til death and how little it even mentions Happy Hour.

It looks like Fox is determined to kill this show off.

They don't advertise it, they put it up against known high rated shows. They must want the show to go away. If this is the case, why did they even green light it to start with?

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

FOX totally baffles me.

I watched the first two episodes and I definitely enjoyed the 2nd episode more than the first. But I'm not hopeful that this show will stick around. Not the way that Fox is so trigger happy. Look at "Stacked" last season, that show was hilarious but they kept moving it around, didn't give it a chance to find a good audience and it got canceled.

I now watch all Fox shows thinking, "I'll enjoy this show until it gets canceled."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks