What's new

Blu-ray Review Happy Feet HD DVD/Blu-ray Reviews... (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I would love to hear some confirmation from these studios as to what their reasoning process is with regards to lossless audio. I agree that their are probably many 'behind the scenes' relationships they most honor, but it is beginning to impact the consumer and has to be settled soon. There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to how they chose which titles get it, and which don't. Certainly 95 % of all of the releases do not have a space or bandwidth issue that would prevent lossless being used.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I watched this again a second time, this time cranked up to -11 on my Yamaha amp ;) and damn if this is not an enjoyable title. Loved it totally.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

Thanks for the update & INFO Tim!!! Amazon just shipped mine, should be here tomorrow! Another TrueHD HD DVD!!! :eek: :)

Phil

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Have to give credit where credit is due. Thanks for the heads-up Tim!:emoji_thumbsup:

Because of this thread, I cancelled the Blu-ray version of "Happy Feet, last Thursday and today, Amazon is shipping me the HD DVD version.:)

I'm still sad that Warner didn't provide 6.1 lossless audio on the Dolby TrueHD mix, but at least I'll be able to choose between HD quality 5.1 or CD quality 6.1 (Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX track), if the mood grabs me.

As important as it is that people know the difference between specs on the different formats, Warner needs to also be made aware that people are aware and not pleased, with the lesser amount of channels on the HD quality codec provided on the same disc!:rolleyes

Paul

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
You guys are welcome. It was rather easy....copy...then paste. :)....

My copy hasn't shipped yet..surely Amazon knows who I am. :P :D

Don't make Timobi Wan get UN-Happy Feet. ;)

I'm still kind of confused on the 5.1 lossless vs. 6.1 lossless.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
...Need to go find a FAQ on Dolby. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks