What's new

Happy Birthday Cees (pronounced Case) and Happy Birthday Dave Lawson! (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
David L,
If you're still having two jobs to attend to: I think that's a blessing, sort of, these days. Only one step better is mine: retired.
Have a great Birthday!
As far as mine: thanks everyone. The fact that I only remembered about this thread this very morning, just before I logged in, might be an omen (well, to be frank, at my age you begin to see everything going slightly wrong as a bit suspicious, even the sort of things I see my son messing up the same absent-minded way).
Sumnernor: don't worry, you're at the right day!
Mike: thanks for both that! (Just today we went to the Rijksmuseum to see a special collection of paintings (centered around 'people on ice' in the 17th century) by a painter named Hendrick Avercamp. But of course we also passed by Vermeer's work and his Girl with a Pearl Earring was beautiful as ever.)
Yes David (J /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif ), another year already. Unbelievable.
Thanks everyone. I love this thread, I assume so does David. It remains very special (and could get more macabre one day, but it will be worth a lot of money then /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif ).
Cees

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yes, almost, Philip.
(Hard to believe it's such a long time already. When we last met on that cruise, I had retired shortly before.)
When looking back, I can say I'm happy I did. Have been pretty busy, though: I can hardly imagine how I used to work next to it for so many years before this. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif
Cees

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Cees, I agree with you about the two jobs...can't complain, really, and I can set my own hours and workload for the freelance stuff. Completing and selling the second house would allow my wife to cut back on her hours and go to nursing school full time, however, so that's what we are shooting for. That will also allow me to get my new TV. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif
Mike, I am not complaining, but I would not mind some Bellucci for next year. /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I am a firm believer in belated gifts. "Better late than never" my mama would say...
And you, sir, are obviously a man of discerning taste:
monica-bellucci1.jpg

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I naturally hesitated to *bump* a thread carrying my own name, but I need to do this:

[SIZE= 18px]Happy Birthday David Lawson!!!![/SIZE]

Cees

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This might be my favorite HTF thread (especially since today is also my dad's birthday!).

Since I hate to come to a party empty-handed...here's a little something for each of the birthday boys:

abd8b324_Scarlett-Johansson.jpeg

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Apologies for the belated birthday wishes this year, Cess, but I do have a couple of excuses. First, I have been down with the flu for the past couple of days. Second, and more importantly, we just had our first child six weeks ago, and he takes up whatever waking (and occasionally sleeping) hours aren't spent at work.

Thank you, and thanks to Mike Frezon as well.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Happy Birthday!!

Why Cees this thread is even older than my thread, the mind boggleth. I was just a boy when I first posted in here nearly a decade ago.

Look at all the names from the old forum, brings back memories it does [sniff].

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
Mike, only 1 picture (to share????). When is the exact birth day? Mine is still some months from now. Glad I wasn't born on Feb 29th. Again happy birthday Case err Cees.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Originally Posted by David Lawson /t/37115/happy-birthday-cees-pronounced-case/120#post_3890993
Running late again this year...
Happy belated birthday, Cees!
Thanks folks!

And a (very) belated Happy Birthday to you in return, David!

I forgot to check this thread.
Birthdays get less exciting, apparently, when one is growing older (which is what BDs are for in the first place).

Cees

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Originally Posted by David Lawson
Running late again this year...
Happy belated birthday, Cees!
And I'm exactly in time this year:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!!!
(I myself are sitting on a milestone, contemplating.
And much happened last year: we had our 30-year marriage party, which we celebrated it by a 30 days trip around the globe. We became first-time grandparents - of a wonderful granddaughter - three months and a half ago.
Count your blessings - and deal with the other stuff.)
Cees

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Happy birthday, Cees (and David)!
As you celebrate, why don't you move over to that soft, comfy sofa. Those milestones can be mighty uncomfortable.
Birthday gifts for you both:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks