What's new

Hanging the screen/weight issue (1 Viewer)

I just got my 92" stewart screen today. I think it's going to work out great with the exception of one thing I'm a bit worried about. The box says it weighs 48 pounds. Now, the instructions just say to mount it according to your needs. Real helpful you know. Anyway, they provide four anchors(? the are long screws that have a hinge that pushes behind the drywall through a hole and then unfold, butterfly?), but I'm wondering if this is really going to be strong enough. Anyone put up a stewart screen on just drywall?

Adam,

I would suggest that you inquire with the screen manufacturer for this type of information, I'm sure that they have experience in this matter and will be glad to assist. In the event that something got damaged, it would be better for you if you had been following their advice.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
I had my AV store do my screen installation. I made sure they mounted into the studs (thus using different screws), which was the installer's choice anyway. As I recall, the mounting brackets can be positioned anywhere you need them horizontally, so why not go that route.

Doug

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I would not feel comfortable with 4 mounting bolts (with butterfly clamps) in drywall with the 92" Firehawk. Mount off the studposts instead.

Thanks for the input everyone. I called Stewart and they said that those anchors are more then sufficient (not that they were real excited to help or informative, although, I admit there is little reason for the biggest and best cinema screen manufacturer to really care). I agree with everyone here that going into the studs would be better. The problem is the clamp on the frame is fixed, so it's either use the anchors or tear out the drywall.

EdAngell

Stunt Coordinator
Couldn't you run a couple of strips of wood across the wall horizontally and anchor them into the studs, and THEN mount the screen brackets to the strips using screws?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks