1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Halo announced for PC/Mac

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jean-Michel, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel Well-Known Member

2. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Well-Known Member

Inevitable and excellent!

Thanks for the news.

3. Romier S

Romier S Well-Known Member

4. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Well-Known Member

I'll get the PC version just for the multiplayer.

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Well-Known Member

Isn't the PC version supposed to be different from the console version? I think I heard that somewhere.

6. Dave E H

Dave E H Well-Known Member

7. Kami

Kami Well-Known Member

A YEAR to port it to PC? now that's ridiculous...the xbox is basically a PC, it should not take that long to port it [​IMG] On top of that, Halo was originally being developed for the PC for a couple years at least, then microsoft bought out bungie and decided to make Halo an xbox exclusive.
    Halo will be very dated in a year unless they make some MAJOR graphical improvements, and maybe some different gameplay modes.

8. Morgan Jolley

Actually, wasn't Halo originally being developed for Mac, then MS bought Bungie and made them bring it to the PC and eventually the X-Box?

9. BrianB

BrianB Well-Known Member

10. Rusty Ray

Rusty Ray Well-Known Member

wow.. that's a long time to wait but i am sure it will be worth it. They just want to maximize xbox system sales... (hey, it almost worked for me!)

11. Max Leung

Max Leung Well-Known Member

Hmmm, Bungie isn't porting the game themselves. Ack. I sincerely hope they've been working on Halo 2 all this time, and not sitting on their asses or chasing women after all this time!

12. Dave F

Dave F Well-Known Member

I think Bungie has been hard at work on Pimps at Sea
    [​IMG]
    -Dave

13. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm glad there's going to be such a long wait. The PC crowd needs another great FPS like Tiger Woods needs another $1000. I'm hoping Halo sells a lot more Xboxes between now and then.

14. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Well-Known Member

2003! Ha! Almost 2 years to go from XBOX to PC (Isn't XBOX already Direct-X 8 powered?). I just hope that the PC version is compatable with HALO 2/HALO Online multiplayer [​IMG] I really can't imagine HALO on PC though... it just really FEELS like a console game to me for some reason. Plus, me and my friends have played Co-op for probably over 20 hours (I don't think it would work on the PC)... if the PC loses that feature, that is like losing half the fun!

15. Morgan Jolley

The whole idea of a console is that a game is made for a set hardware and that it will take full advantage of that hardware. With PCs, its a little different since each one is different, so they have to choose a lowest common denominator and then build the game to be optimized for that.

I'm sure you all knew that. I'm just pointing that out as the most probable reason for the Halo PC delays (either that or MS wants a big gap between Halo XB and Halo PC).

16. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Well-Known Member

Love that dancing Spidey, Romier [​IMG]

17. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Well-Known Member

18. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Well-Known Member

I can't believe it'll be a full more year! Ridiculous. I'll be playing doom 3 by then and Halo will barely be a blip on the radar. Bungie sure did alienate their fans by going to the xbox, and they even said they wouldn't do that. And wouldn't get caught up in it and would retain their individuality. Bah...well done Bungie I hope the money they got up front was worth it.

19. Morgan Jolley

When someone else owns you, its kinda hard to keep promises that go against your owners wishes.

If Halo PC/Mac is going to be online, then the porting of the game and the added online aspects are probably two things that are taking so long to port it over. They probably also have a very small group porting it, seeing as how its not exactly top-priority right now.

20. Andre F

Andre F Well-Known Member