What's new

Halo 2 Team Slayer Thread (1 Viewer)

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Instead of continuing to post to the increasingly misnamed Arranged Match thread, I thought I would just start a new one. That way, we can all try to coordinate evenings. Nothing formal, but if you plan to be on, just post a quick note. That sort of thing... Open to all.

Great games last night! Nice to win the majority of them. And half the ones we lost were by a point or two. We shouldn't have played that last one, though. Lol. :)

Martin.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
BETRAYAL! :D

Good idea to start a new thread. Not only can we use it as a clarion call to those who want to meet up online, but we can post useful information about our gaming schedules.

For instance:

I'm generally online on weeknights 6PM-8PM Pacific Time, and time permitting I get back online around 10-11PM and play until midnight.

Big exceptions: UCLA basketball/football. If either of those are on TV, I'm not on Halo.

And no, this isn't every weeknight, we go out to dinner once or twice a week, and maybe another day I have obligations, but in general you'll probably catch me 2-3 nights during the week around those times.

Weekends are much more of a mixed bag. Some weekends I have plans and can't game at all, sometimes I can waste all 48 hours on it ;)

Oh, and I suck at Rockets. Sorry if you get stuck w/ me in a Rockets match. I don't betray often, though I tend to increase the opponents' kill count. I just can't get the hang of using it. :frowning:

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I'll probably be on tonight (Thurs 3/3/05) sometime between 6pm-11pm EST (with the exception of the hour "The OC" is on. I installed some bass shakers in my couch, so Halo 2 is more enjoyable But I havnet really tested them at loud volumes yet :D.

Martin, whats your XBL Gamertag? It's hard to remember everyone's on here.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Hi Jean,

My GT is Mister Creosote. I will likely be on tonight. I usually play from around 8:00pm to 10 or 11pm most weeknights :b. Although Carlo and company keep me up to midnight when we manage to join up. :)

Martin.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Yes, ok, now I know the name. We've played togehter on occasion. Yeah the game is so addicting. Sometimes I loose track of time, and my girlfriend yells from the other room, "its late, come to bed". I cant wait for the updates, nor can I wait for Halo 2.5 on Xbox2

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I'm usually on at 10:30-11:00pm to around 1:00am ET about 4 nights a week. I was on the winning side 4 out of 6 the last time I played TSlayer.

Whenever I'm on there are almost no HTF clan members on. Other than that night we tried playing together, I don't think I've ever seen more than 3 on at once.

Gamertag: zorngottes

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Jean/Brook,

Please feel free to add me to your friends list. I think Carlo (Bruin96) would say the same. ;)

Martin.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
They're both already on mine, though the few times we've all been on in recent days they (or we) have had a full party.

It all works out in the end, though.

UCLA generally plays Thu/Sat games, but the season is ending this week [so tonight and Sat 5PM PST are games]. Next week is PAC-10 tourney Thu-Sat, but if UCLA loses early I'll be free ;). Then March madness. If the Bruins make it, the schedule will be released later. If not, I'll be able to game all month! :D

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Hey Carlo,

Thanks for the message last night. Sorry I missed you. As you noted, I was in a group of three until it was bed time. How did you two make out? We won all our games!

Martin.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Eh, last night was a bad night, though we didn't drop in levels. We went 4-7 and three of the losses were because of uncommunicative/uncooperative teammates.

Of course, it just balances out the night before where I believe we went 6-2 and I went from a high-10 to a mid-12. Still am a mid-12, because most of our matches last night were against equal or higher ranked teams, so the losses didn't kill our rankings, and the wins helped a lot.

I think that between 11-13 is perfect for me (since that allows gaming against up to 16-17). Any higher than that and I'm in over my head.

One things black mould and I have learned, we suck very badly at Burial Mounds. God I hate levels that just favor sniping/camping.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I did the "cancel old account to use a 2nd 2-month free trial card" so I lost the clan/friend links to everyone here.

My new gamertag is: countdragila

I've been practicing my sniping and had a real good night last night. 2 running riots. Me and another guy just dominated a match on Ascension. We were killing guys faster than they could respawn. Had a 13 spree on Coagulation, until I ran out of sniper bullets and had to mix it up.

Still suck on Ivory Tower though. :frowning: Dudes sit and hold at the 3rd level elevator and we can't crack them or when we do manage to take it over, we never hold it for very long.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Brook, just send a friend request to me (Bruin96) and then I'll send a clan invite back to you, and you'll be all set!

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Carlo,

Good times last night (if a bit short). After we finished, I played with some 14's and 15's for a bit. Got my ass handed to me repeatedly. :eek: So I gotta agree with you about the 11-13 thing.

Martin.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Martin, I don't know what was up w/ my connection at the end of the match. I was routinely getting one red bar. People would appear on my screen and I would be shooting them, apparently with their backs turned to me (so it seemed like they didn't know I was shooting them). Suddenly I'd be dead and the guy would be running past me. Hence my 1 kill in a 10 minute Zanzibar match. And every time before I spawned I saw that everyone else had 4 full green bars of connectivity, it was only mine that was down.

Later in the evening my girlfriend logged on and started uploading files and the connectivity seemed better, but you and mould had already logged off.

Yeah, I can sorta hang with 14s (some of them) but starting around 15+ it gets very difficult. One time a guy who was 14 handed all of us our asses, and I wondered why. Well when I looked at the Recent Players list, which showed his gamertag and the *highest* rank that he has in any of the categories, he was a 30! :eek:

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Too bad you weren't the host that game. You would have been the halo god.

There's also a big difference between playing against one 15 and 3 or 4 15's. One superior guy by himself can't always pull out a game, but you get a bunch of them working together... :frowning:

When are you on next? I'm stuck at 13 + 0%. :angry:

Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks