Halo 2 Pre-order thread (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
EBgames - $49.99 free 2-day

Gamestop - $49.99 free 2-day

Buy.com - $49.99 free Ground (no tax)

Best Buy - $49.99 free Ground

Wal-mart - $49.77

Buy.com may offer offer the nicest price but I've had problems with shipping from them before in the past. Where are you guys pre-ordering from?

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I would run FAR, FAR away from Buy.com. They couldn't even ship Silpheed, a super low demand game, within a month of release date.....and I had preordered it 2 months prior.

No preorder on this for me, I'd rather take advantage of whatever sales occur when it comes out.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
There will be a bazillion of them at Best Buy. I'll just get it there (or whereever has the best deal). It seems like whenever I preorder something, someone always has a better deal when it's released. Besides, there's not even a release date yet.

-Dave

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, and like James mentioned, Buy.com is horrible. Their incompetence is matched only by their lack of customer service.

-Dave

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
This may be my first pre-order title. Not going to run the risk of being "without a chair when the music stops" (love that line by Henry Czerny in Clear and Present Danger") on release day. Also not worth my time running around to save $5, although I find a most new release titles pretty consistent in price between my local EB and Future Shop, BestBuy (the latter is typically the most expensive).

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I preordered mine from EB games about a month ago and took advantage of the free 2 day shipping. Here's to hoping it comes out soon.:)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I've had mine for almost 8 months now, looks like it will be another 8 at least before I get to free it from my wallet

A

Andrew_A_Paul

Latest ive heard is june on the release. Better find something else to play till then.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
So I was in EB the other day, and the guy working there asked me if I wanted to put in a pre-order for Halo 2. Now this is a game that had just been delayed until this fall (at the earliest), so we're looking at an absolute minimum of six months in advance (probably more). Now it's not like Halo 2 is something like, say, Steel Battalion, where the store is only going to order it if someone has expressed interest-everyone is going to get a LOT of copies. So why the mad rush to pre-order (especially if you don't know if there's a better deal coming)?

Also, does anyone else think it's a little unconsionable to begin taking pre-orders on games with no firm release date? EB was pushing Halo 2 like it was coming out next week (instead of this Fall)-I'm surprised that they weren't taking Playstation 3 preorders as well.

Greg Rooney

Auditioning
I never bother to preorder. There always seems to be a lot of copies of whatever game I am looking for.
Sometimes they have a preorder bonus. But usually it just some toy or gimick that you don't really want/need anyway.

And I to think 6+ mths ahead is a bit of a stretch.

James T

Screenwriter
Preorders are okay if they come with good gifts, otherwise, IMO it's not worth it. Online preordering may mean you get it a few days earlier, but that's about it.

And EB has been pushing Halo 2 since last year. I remember going to see Matrix Reloaded and the guys were talking about Halo 2 saying they need just one more for 100 preorders. That number seemed kinda high.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I preordered Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles on EBgames.com about two weeks ago. I got free 2-day shipping and a free GC/GBA link cable. All that for $49.99, so that was a good deal.

If I have to pick it up in a store, there's no point. I might as well get it on the day it comes out or not get it until I can go out and buy it. Sometimes, preordering a game really far in advance can be cool, but not very practical.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
If you plan on purchasing anyway from a particular vendor (EB for example) there's certainly no harm in the preorder as it doesn't cost you anything. IMO it's worth the peace of mind knowing you'll not have to race to get a particularly hot title (and for the Xbox there's nothing hotter than Halo 2). This of course assumes that a) EB (or said vendor) receives their copies on time, and b) they ordered enough to satisfy all the preorders.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member

Not sure about your locations buy my BB's are consistently about $5 more per title then Future Shop or sometimes EB. Quite surprising really since they're almost right beside each other. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks