What's new

Halo 2 Autoupdate - I like it! (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well, I also thought it would be impossible, but it's happened to me enough to make me think it is possible. And yes it's happened when I'm one-on-one, so no one else shot me and no grenade frags either. The only possible explanation is lag so I don't notice the first few bursts, but seriously in many many instances it seems like I'm shot only by 2-3 bursts at full shield and I'm dead.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Ah, I was just reading bungie.net (and it takes a while to get the stink off - lol), and a BR thread mentioned that three body shots (9 bullets) from the BR will take shields down, and 1 headshot thereafter will kill. The 6 I was misremembering was if you just have body shots. So, it's reasonable to get killed in four shots. Which means you can theoretically take out three opponents before reloading.

Carlo, I had to laugh when you assassinated me last night, and said, "Sorry Martin." Now that's courtesy!

Martin.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Ok, now I just have to figure out how to get a headshot with the BR! :D Once again I was undone by sleep. Fell asleep watching a movie for the 3rd night in a row. I'm determined to make it on tonight.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ouch! Dissin' the Costner...Il Postino... ;)

And yeah, I felt bad Martin because you seemed to have the bad luck of running into me when I have the shottie (my weapon of choice), and I aim for the face to get the insta-kill.

Of course, I do seem to remember a fair amount of "You were killed by Mr. Creosote" notices so I guess I should stop apologizing and just keep shooting... :D

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
I can't wait for the stats reset. It'll be lots of fun working back up the team slayer rankings. I trust you'll be in for some of that?

Martin.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
oh yeah, it's going to be a mess the first few days as everything re-sorts itself.

1/3 of the matches will be close
1/3 will be 50-11 in your favor
1/3 will be 11-50 not in your favor

Should be fun! :D

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
No, I can fall asleep during pretty much any movie, whether I love it or hate it if I'm tired enough.

:angry: I'm going to miss the HTF match on Saturday, or at least the opening stages. I forgot we have Braves tickets that night.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I'm in for Sat. Hopefully Ill get better. Seems like ever since the update, my ranking has gone down from a 14 to a 12. I think Im not used to the subtle changes in weapons as much as I thought Id love them. im just used to dodging an attack a certain way, or attacking a certain way, and they aren't as effective anymore. I just need time to get accustomed to it all over again.

And yes, I paid for the other 2 maps, but not many other people I know did, for only $5.00 it would be great if we all got it and played it, that way when its in matchmaking, we will have an edge up.

BTW, I really don't care for that huge, snowy, tunneled map. Its far too big, even for 8 vs 8. and the characters move too slowly I think, I don't have the patience to walk halfway across the map just to get sniped and have to do it again.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: This wouldn't be half as funny if it didn't happen to me like half a dozen times over the last day or two...

The trick to that one is staying hidden, either in the tunnels or the gulch.

Or, of course, jump in a vehicle ;)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Finally played last night. That snow map is massive, I don't see myself being too successful there, especially since I suck with vehicles. I liked the other map, looks like it will be fun to play on.

I didn't see a sniper rifle or sword on either one, am I missing something?

Love the new grenade timing. I had a couple of bad games at first, but so far the changes didn't have too big an impact on my play. It's just not too fun to play a pit or team slayer right now knowing the stats are about to be reset.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
There are 2 snipers and 2 rockets on the snow level, the snipes are when you jump over the wall from each base to the second level out front, near the snowy rock wall side. Look for it when you jump down from the top level of the base, the rockets are nearby too on a ramp leading to the passage in the mountains [reloads are on the ramp, rockets at the top of the ramp]. Well placed so that each side should get both (unlike Coag where whoever controls the rocket--there's only one--plus one snipe pretty much wins).

What's the other free map you're referring to? I bought the additional 2 so I forgot which is the second free one.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, I found the rockets, but not the snipes. Interesting that neither of these levels has a sword.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I have yet to actually play a custom game where killing ensues on Turf and Sanctuary. Im dying to play on those maps. Carlo and I wandered around them, but thats all.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I should try online again after updating. I went on shortly after picking up the game and was annihilated so fast and frequently that I just stopped. Unloading buckets of shells into other players with seemingly no effect and then getting killed in single shots, from guys seemingly flying in from all over, got a little de-motivating.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hurry Jay, before they reset the rankings. Right now, most people are at the level they're supposed to be, so if you start you should be matched with relatively new players.

Starting in a week (or so) Bungie's resetting the rankings and intro'ing the new maps into matchmaking, so you're going to have all levels starting from the bottom. It'll be mayhem for a week or two (as I doubt all people will play and rise right away) before getting back to normal...

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
It wont be as bad this time around. Cause Bungie is re-vamping the whole ranking system. most people are stuck at around 12-14 right now. very rarely is someone above 17....the ranking goes to 50 however. This isn't what Bungie intended. They fixed it so that its easier to go up in level and faster to go through the rankings. So if your a 15 now, I'm guessing your probably going to be in the 25-35 range once the system is updated assuming you play up to your level again. Which means that once you get to your level, your only playing people within your skilled range. They fixed it so that you don't get paired up with someone 4 levels above or below you. its counter-productive in so many words. (they don't get much credit for the kills and it destroys your ranking) So anyway Most people will surpass their current rank in a very short period of time. The system will weed itself out quickly. When they made the system what it is today, they thought it would suffice, but now after watching it for months, despite the cheating, its obviously flawed when hardly anyone you know is above a 18 even though it goes to 50. Glad to see bungie address this problem. I just hope it works this time.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Jean, didn't know about that, makes sense. I know I've been stuck on a 9 at team slayer for weeks with my experience bar barely moving at all win or lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks